Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: External Mic with Canon EOS 5D Mark II  (Read 3644 times)
achrisproduction

« on: August 08, 2009, 10:38:08 AM »
ReplyReply

I have just bought a external mic for my 5D Mark II.  Do I need to enable any setting or will the 5D Mark II detects the external mic itself and overrides the internal mic?  Thanks a lot.

dirkpieters

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 08:18:51 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: achrisproduction
I have just bought a external mic for my 5D Mark II.  Do I need to enable any setting or will the 5D Mark II detects the external mic itself and overrides the internal mic?  Thanks a lot.
Sorry to give you the bad news but there will always be a buzz Better to put the external mike on another HD Camera and record at the same time.
I tried 4 different mike before giving up.
Its a known issue apparently
Kenneth Sky

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »
ReplyReply

Just to give you a flavour of how far behind these combocams are on the video side, I just purchased an external microphone for my Sony video camcorder with a range of 100 metres that connects to a bluetooth receiver that sits on the "flash" shoe on the top of the unit. No wires - just direct communication into a 5.1 surround built-in system with the external mike acting as the centre channel. Obviously, combocams are still making compromises from an audio standpoint.
k bennett

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 10:18:52 AM »
ReplyReply

I know several photographers who are shooting video with the 5D2 or other combo cams, and they are mostly recording their audio to a separate device and syncing it in post.

Equipment: a camera and some lenses.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad