Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Whereabouts in Gerlach Nevada was this shot  (Read 3541 times)
sanfairyanne
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 243


« on: August 16, 2009, 06:27:30 PM »
ReplyReply

I hope I've uploaded this photograph successfully. I'm trying to find out where it was taken. I know it was taken near Gerlach in Nevada and is on a private ranch. As I understand it the owners of the ranch tend to be fairly understanding of photographers. In these situations I usually come bearing gifts.

I'm in Reno right now and intend to keep trying till I find this location so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I can be e-mailed at: andywaddington99@yahoo.com

Logged
acktdi
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 65


« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »
ReplyReply

Fly Geyser

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&m...65548efa8cb9e93

It looks like it's just outside of town.

Quote from: sanfairyanne
I hope I've uploaded this photograph successfully. I'm trying to find out where it was taken. I know it was taken near Gerlach in Nevada and is on a private ranch. As I understand it the owners of the ranch tend to be fairly understanding of photographers. In these situations I usually come bearing gifts.

I'm in Reno right now and intend to keep trying till I find this location so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I can be e-mailed at: andywaddington99@yahoo.com
Logged
sanfairyanne
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 243


« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 12:53:29 PM »
ReplyReply

I should like to just point out that I did indeed find this geyser although couldn't gain access. Interestingly a park ranger in Yellowstone N.P insisted this was a fake and made of plastic?

Of course it's not, the Friends of Black Rock Society in Gerlach have pictures showing it's growth since the 60's and I'm damned sure nobody's taken 50 years molding it out of plastic.
Logged
Wayne Fox
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2959



WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 03:14:03 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: sanfairyanne
I should like to just point out that I did indeed find this geyser although couldn't gain access. Interestingly a park ranger in Yellowstone N.P insisted this was a fake and made of plastic?

Of course it's not, the Friends of Black Rock Society in Gerlach have pictures showing it's growth since the 60's and I'm damned sure nobody's taken 50 years molding it out of plastic.

Too bad such a fascinating object of nature is unaccessible.
Logged

DarkPenguin
Guest
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:08:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Wayne Fox
Too bad such a fascinating object of nature is unaccessible.

I ran across this set of images a while ago.  I always liked Daniella's work.

http://www.pbase.com/zylen/fly_geysers
Logged
DarkPenguin
Guest
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:09:24 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: sanfairyanne
I should like to just point out that I did indeed find this geyser although couldn't gain access. Interestingly a park ranger in Yellowstone N.P insisted this was a fake and made of plastic?

Of course it's not, the Friends of Black Rock Society in Gerlach have pictures showing it's growth since the 60's and I'm damned sure nobody's taken 50 years molding it out of plastic.

What else are you going to do out there?
Logged
Camboman
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 22


WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 02:26:59 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: sanfairyanne
I hope I've uploaded this photograph successfully. I'm trying to find out where it was taken. I know it was taken near Gerlach in Nevada and is on a private ranch. As I understand it the owners of the ranch tend to be fairly understanding of photographers. In these situations I usually come bearing gifts.

I'm in Reno right now and intend to keep trying till I find this location so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I can be e-mailed at: andywaddington99@yahoo.com



You can visit Fly Geyser, but only with The Friends of Black Rock High Rock. Click this link for details ...


http://www.blackrockfriends.org/friends/ar...tion/fly_geyser
Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad