Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Process Other People's RAW files - file exchange  (Read 27448 times)
Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7790



WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2009, 11:25:45 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: AndrewKulin
This got me a thinking, I am using CS3 so I don't even think I would be able to process a 5D mkII file with ACR should I be assigned such a file.  

Andrew

I'm not certain, but I suspect the current version of Adobe's dng converter (free download) is likely to be able to handle most of the current files, such as from a 5D MKII. After converting, you should be able to process the dng raw file in ACR, even with CS3, or perhaps even with CS2 (I forget how far back the dng format goes).


I've got LR 2.5 (and 3 Beta), CS4, DxO 5, Raw Shooter premium 2006 (!), Canon's DPP, and C1 LE version 3.77 available to cover most files people might throw at me. And then there is the dng converter, if necessary.

Eric

Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Brammers
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 89


« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2009, 08:21:07 AM »
ReplyReply

Actually, I'd quite like a P65 file...  Never seen one before!  Seeing as most people should be able to use a DNG, could you reconsider that Christopher?
Logged
Christopher
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2009, 08:38:11 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Brammers
Actually, I'd quite like a P65 file...  Never seen one before!  Seeing as most people should be able to use a DNG, could you reconsider that Christopher?

As I said, both packages are uploaded. (One containing a P65 image and one 5DMk2 image) I think the P65 image would be more interesting, because it was shot under not to ideal conditions and it certainly would be interesting to see how other people work on it. I just uploaded the 5d file as back up.
Logged

Tim Gray
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2002



WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
ReplyReply

Been away in Big Bend National Park in Texas the past week.  Is there a next step here?
Logged
Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7790



WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2009, 07:49:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Tim Gray
Been away in Big Bend National Park in Texas the past week.  Is there a next step here?

As far as I can tell, we're waiting for Peter Ait to upload his processed file, and then for awolfe to send us all our raw homework files.


Got some good stuff from Big Bend?

Eric

Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Panopeeper
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1805


« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2009, 09:22:43 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EricM
we're waiting for Peter Ait to upload his processed file, and then for awolfe to send us all our raw homework files.
It is far from me to want to urge anyone or anything, BUT

why would we wait for anyone to upload the processed file?

I mean, the version created by the photographer of the image should not be published before others did their work. The goal should not be to make the same but somehow better (if one can), but to create own renderings, thus the best would be not to have seen how the photographer did it.

What do you think of this?
Logged

Gabor
Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7790



WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2009, 11:38:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Panopeeper
It is far from me to want to urge anyone or anything, BUT

why would we wait for anyone to upload the processed file?

I mean, the version created by the photographer of the image should not be published before others did their work. The goal should not be to make the same but somehow better (if one can), but to create own renderings, thus the best would be not to have seen how the photographer did it.

What do you think of this?
Makes sense to me, Gabor. What you are suggesting, I think, is that we should all do our best efforts on the raw files we are given, and only after we have done our best do we get to see the original photographer's version. That way we are not influenced by the original photographer's interpretation.

Eric


Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
EduPerez
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 690


WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2009, 01:03:38 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EricM
Makes sense to me, Gabor. What you are suggesting, I think, is that we should all do our best efforts on the raw files we are given, and only after we have done our best do we get to see the original photographer's version. That way we are not influenced by the original photographer's interpretation.

Eric

I agree, too.
Logged

Christopher
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2009, 01:19:13 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EduPerez
I agree, too.


same here.
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7790



WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2009, 10:12:31 AM »
ReplyReply

So as soon as awolfe gets back from vacation, or prison, or wherever, let the games begin! 
Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Jeff Phillips
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 27


« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2009, 10:25:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Christopher
same here.

Ditto
Logged

Lisa Nikodym
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1702



WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2009, 12:22:44 PM »
ReplyReply

FYI, I'm going to out of town between Nov 26 and Dec 6, so I won't be able to do anything during that time, but will try to be reasonably prompt after I get back!

And I also agree that it's best to finish our attempts on other peoples' raw files *before* we see the original photographer's (or anyone else's) version.

Lisa
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:24:20 PM by nniko » Logged

awolfe
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 25


« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2009, 10:02:13 AM »
ReplyReply

Sorry about that - work change, and 2 family changes happened in short order.
Back in the saddle!

Next step is me sending out the raw file processing links to everyone.  I think we've gotten all the submissions we're going to get!
Logged

Christopher
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2009, 01:24:39 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: awolfe
Sorry about that - work change, and 2 family changes happened in short order.
Back in the saddle!

Next step is me sending out the raw file processing links to everyone.  I think we've gotten all the submissions we're going to get!


I don't know how the rest did it, but in the link I send you both processed and raw file are in one zip package, so someone would need to split them up before handing it out.
Logged

Sigi
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 92


WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2009, 02:54:48 AM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

when do we start now?

Siegfried
Logged

Christopher
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2009, 06:20:11 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Sigi
Hello,

when do we start now?

Siegfried


Good question.
Logged

awolfe
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 25


« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2009, 11:02:21 AM »
ReplyReply

Everybody should now have their processing links for the RAW files.  Have fun!  Let's post the results back to this thread for now - and if folks want to exchange the fill size images you can upload again to your original sending links.
Logged

Tim Gray
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2002



WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2009, 05:24:50 PM »
ReplyReply

Ok, here are my 3...  All global adjustments ie: no masks etc.  Straightened the horizon on 1 and de-dusted another.  I'll post my take on the ones I submitted when I figure out which ones I sent in :0  BTW, to whoever submitted the sailboats - I can see the condo where I used to live!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:26:51 PM by Tim Gray » Logged
Sigi
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 92


WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Hello,

here are my 3 attempts.

Happy new year

Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7790



WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2010, 03:21:05 PM »
ReplyReply

It's interesting to see already how different interpretations can be.  

Anyway, here are my three tries:

[attachment=19127:LRraw_3b.jpg][attachment=19123:LRraw_4b.jpg][attachment=19124:
LRraw_5b.jpg]

No cropping except for a tiny bit off the right in the first one. All were initially processed in LR 2.6, then a little touch up in CS4.

Cheers,

Eric
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 03:30:14 PM by Eric Myrvaagnes » Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad