Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Having terrible time uploading images.  (Read 1780 times)
Dan Berg
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1520



WWW
« on: October 27, 2009, 03:46:36 PM »
ReplyReply

I have been uploading images here for a year now. But half the time I try I get the message you are not permitted to upload this type of file? Any ideas?
The images are landscape so I chose to vent here.
Logged

kikashi
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3930



« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 03:51:45 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Dan Berg
I have been uploading images here for a year now. But half the time I try I get the message you are not permitted to upload this type of file? Any ideas?
The images are landscape so I chose to vent here.
It's a little difficult to comment sensibly without knowing what type of file you are trying to upload!

Jeremy
Logged
Dan Berg
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1520



WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 09:55:24 AM »
ReplyReply

I take tiffs or nefs and convert to jpeg's in the Photoshop Cs4 "Save As" to reduce under the 2mb limit.
It tells me I am not authorized to upload attachments. But I have uploaded pictures on and off for a year? I have tried to load an avatar and it will not let me do that either.
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Online Online

Posts: 7866



WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Dan Berg
I take tiffs or nefs and convert to jpeg's in the Photoshop Cs4 "Save As" to reduce under the 2mb limit.
It tells me I am not authorized to upload attachments. But I have uploaded pictures on and off for a year? I have tried to load an avatar and it will not let me do that either.

Avatars you don't upload. You need to have them viewable on a website of your own and provide a link to it (or choose one from the galleries shown).


For regular uploads, jpegs under 2mb should work OK.

Eric
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:13:40 PM by EricM » Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Dan Berg
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1520



WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 05:04:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EricM
Avatars you don't upload. You need to have them viewable on a website of your own and provide a link to it (or choose one from the galleries shown).


For regular uploads, jpegs under 2mb should work OK.

Eric
Thanks Eric,
I will try further but a 150k jpeg gives me the message I am not authorized to upload attachments. Wy the difficult process with avatars? Just curious as i have no way to load it other then through a standard attachment.
Logged

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad