I would love to hear from other users on their experiences on this. I'd love to find out that we are doing something wrong, or that a reinstall would fix this issue...
I always take all the metadata out anyway.....With Db's you have an ISO, and a shutter speed, which doesn't make for a ref point in my future shoots.
I replace metadata with my own as I have created sets for different needs using ACDSee Pro3. I also find it has info I dont want easily available.
I don't think Bridge can completely clear the tags. That thing crashes too often for me anyway. Even version ACDSeepro 2 did this portion rather well.
PhotoMechanic I have tried and I thought it looked good and powerful, but had some limitations I cant remember, as I think I tried every image browser I was able to download and try. It was either PhotoMechanic or another program that was geared towards news angencies. Some side by side comapring issues I think?
I have used ACDSee for many years. Often deleted it in search of better. Since Pro 2, They have come a long way of shaping and tweaking the software, as it always had some issue and mising the mark. The Pro 3 is a step up, and a really good program.
It automates many things I like doing which is mainly sending off limited softproofs for clients. Although It tries to do more than it "should" (Raw processing of many cameras, but not a couple of mine) but at least it isn't in the way of other things. And it takes out other programs that I had to use in conjunction with.. like Bridge,Opanda, Lightroom. The only thing that I wish it did now is PDF's with CMYK support (Bridge does well).
So, if you want to manage by metadata, One of ACDSee Pro 3's abilities is doing this very well.