Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: vertigo  (Read 3061 times)
kikashi
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3910



« on: November 07, 2009, 12:30:51 PM »
ReplyReply

I've been using it as the desktop image on my Mac! C&C?

[attachment=17743:vertigo.jpg]

Jeremy
Logged
wolfnowl
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5698



WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 12:53:02 PM »
ReplyReply

Well, it's an intriguing view!  I'd like it better without the construction crane, but I don't imagine they wanted to take it down long enough for you to make a photograph.

Mike.

Here's something similar... Ancient Cottonwoods

Mike.

Logged

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~


My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
EduPerez
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 690


WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 05:09:44 PM »
ReplyReply

I like the picture, too; but I also think that it will improve without the crane. It should be easy to clone out, just give it a try.

If I am not mistaken, that is "Sagrada Familia", at Barcelona; it has been "under construction" for decades (literally), they are not expected to remove the cranes any time soon...
Logged

francois
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 6731


« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 03:40:36 AM »
ReplyReply

I agree woth both gentlemen above. It's a good photo but would be better without the crane, The crane breaks the symetry, which could be seen as positive or negative.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:45:25 AM by francois » Logged

Francois
Bradley Proctor
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 150



WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 09:48:24 AM »
ReplyReply

I agree with other, it would be better without the crane.  However, I was there (I think this is Barcelona?) in 2004 and I see the crane is still there.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:49:57 AM by bproctor » Logged

kikashi
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3910



« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 12:34:32 PM »
ReplyReply

I agree with you all: it would be better without the crane. I suppose cloning it out wouldn't be too difficult.

It is indeed the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. The building has been under construction for a good few decades and is likely to be under construction for a good few more. I suspect that the opportunity of photographing it without the crane won't arise in my lifetime!

Jeremy
Logged
Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7789



WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 06:49:54 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: kikashi
I agree with you all: it would be better without the crane. I suppose cloning it out wouldn't be too difficult.

It is indeed the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. The building has been under construction for a good few decades and is likely to be under construction for a good few more. I suspect that the opportunity of photographing it without the crane won't arise in my lifetime!

Jeremy
A few sticks of dynamite strategically placed might take care of the crane.   But don't get caught!
Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
kikashi
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3910



« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 02:17:45 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EricM
A few sticks of dynamite strategically placed might take care of the crane.   But don't get caught!
It'd be an awful shame if it fell the wrong way, though!

Jeremy
Logged
EduPerez
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 690


WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 02:26:49 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EricM
A few sticks of dynamite strategically placed might take care of the crane.   But don't get caught!
Are you aware that a train tunnel is going to be built just under the "Sagrada Familia" (hint)? Do you know what happed the last time a rail tunnel was built in this city (hint)? And the tunnel before that (hint)? You see, there is no need to rush towards the dynamite shop...
Logged

Rob C
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 12215


« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 03:36:27 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EduPerez
Are you aware that a train tunnel is going to be built just under the "Sagrada Familia" (hint)? Do you know what happed the last time a rail tunnel was built in this city (hint)? And the tunnel before that (hint)? You see, there is no need to rush towards the dynamite shop...




That's the sort of excitement you should always be able to expect when you vote! That's the only reason anybody votes, anywhere.

Rob C
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7789



WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 08:42:52 AM »
ReplyReply

I go back to my original suggestion of using the clone stamp to get rid of the crane. Maybe use it to get rid of the tunnel while you're at it. 
Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
jule
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 738


WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 03:53:34 AM »
ReplyReply

Well I'm going to be te odd one out here, because I actually find the crane quite interesting. I love the texture and patterning on the towers and the similar geometric texture on the crane tower.

I do however find the angle of the arm bit thing a bit uncomfortable and had a quick play with making it more horizontal. I do apologise for the very poor results, but I am on my laptop and do not have my glasses, and although I readily admit it is very rough, I find that a more horizontal aspect to the crane thing, makes the image less akward and more satisying for me.

[attachment=17796:vertigo_2.jpg]

Julie
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7789



WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 09:22:46 AM »
ReplyReply

OK, I'll defer to Julie. That's an even better use of the clone tool (or did she bribe the crane operator to move it just a little?    )

It is a stunning image, and Julie's little fix is just what it needs (plus a little more work to clean up the left end of the crane).

Very nice!

Eric

Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
kikashi
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3910



« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 02:37:57 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: jule
Well I'm going to be te odd one out here, because I actually find the crane quite interesting. I love the texture and patterning on the towers and the similar geometric texture on the crane tower.

I do however find the angle of the arm bit thing a bit uncomfortable and had a quick play with making it more horizontal. I do apologise for the very poor results, but I am on my laptop and do not have my glasses, and although I readily admit it is very rough, I find that a more horizontal aspect to the crane thing, makes the image less akward and more satisying for me.

[attachment=17796:vertigo_2.jpg]

Julie
I think you're right, Julie. I spent some time working on it last night and it does look better horizontal. I'll try the other option, of erasing it, this evening and post both for further comment.

Jeremy
Logged
kikashi
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3910



« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 01:34:53 PM »
ReplyReply

Well, here are my two reworkings. One is as Julie suggested, but with the crane's cable removed as well. The other just has no crane.

I rather like them both. Thoughts?

[attachment=17839:sf_2.jpg]     [attachment=17838:sf.jpg]

Jeremy
Logged
jule
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 738


WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 03:57:56 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: kikashi
Well, here are my two reworkings. One is as Julie suggested, but with the crane's cable removed as well. The other just has no crane.

I rather like them both. Thoughts?

[attachment=17839:sf_2.jpg]     [attachment=17838:sf.jpg]

Jeremy
I must admit  I am biased, :-) , but the one without the crane just seems to lack that interest factor for me, and the one with the crane just has such lovely geometric shapes and textures.

Julie
Logged

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad