Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Camera Wars  (Read 14225 times)
rainer_v

« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2009, 06:42:59 AM »
ReplyReply

started with twin eye 6x6 mamya c330 and various leica mp, m4p , m7

when starting with architecure shot with linhof technikardan and technorama 617,
also using leica r8
bought a roundshot seitz which i didnt used much.
using a scanmate 5000 drumscanner exzessively.

than digital started for me with fuji s2 and kodak 14n and slr,
created a photoshop batch, using white reference files  for removing color casts with the kodak
or other sensors used with shift lenses.
worked with nd filters to use the kodak at iso6 in daylight which brought stunning results.
meanwhile still using 4x5" film but loved the "digital" colors for certain lights.

than sinar e22 together with custom made gottschalt camera.

than sinar e75 with unresolved centerfold.
stefan hess resolved the centerfold and we made togeter the brumbaer workflow for this combo.
first time content with digital. stopped finally with filmwork and sold all except leica m4p as memory .....
used the 1dsmk2 and later the 5d for details. added a contax system with second e75 back.

than sinar and i transformed my experiences with gottschalt cam and brumbaer tools in the artek and exposure architecture plugin. added sinar m system which i dont use much.
i moved for details to the 5dmk2. very content with the setup still.

than the 17tse and 24tse came out, i run excessive tests and question a bit my future in mf world in longer terms.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:48:12 AM by rainer_v » Logged

rainer viertlböck
architecture photographer
munich / germany

www.tangential.de
Theresa

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2009, 03:44:11 PM »
ReplyReply

Old Kodak camera's from the fifties.
My father's folding 35mm with a Zeiss lens (I think)
Canon FD with 50mm, 135mm, and 200mm (generic) manual aperture stop down with simple TTL metering
Nikon FTN with 50mm f/1.2 (talk about flare!) and then Micro Nik
Calumet 4x5 viewfinder with Schneider convertable lens (can't remember focal lengths)
Graphlex Speed Graphic (I've forgotten what lens)
Mamiya TLR (can't remember model number) with wide angle and normal lenses
Minolta X700 with 28mm, 50mm, and Sigma 70-200 zoom (poor QC with the Sigma), then bought a second used x700 and a vivitar 35mm-70mm zoom (I was so disappointed in 35mm at this point)
Konica Minolta diMage A2
Konica Minolta diMage A200
Sony alpha 850 with Sony Zeiss 24-70mm, one of the best cameras I've owned.
I have very fond memories of the Calumet view with the Schneider lens and the Graphlex and took my best photographs with them.  It goes to show bells and whistles are not necessary.  The craft of exposure, composition, film development and printing was a joy.
pschefz

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2009, 12:57:43 AM »
ReplyReply

forgot that funky polaroid viewfinder with the interchangeable lenses....and the grip....that thing always got great expressions.....but the pain of the b&w pola negative on location.....

most impressive thing ever still is a 8x10 plaroid..straight out of the camera....unless of course the 20x24 polaroid cameras:).....never owned an 8x10 but really enjoyed the couple of times i shot with one....also:contact 8x10s from b&w negs:)

also fun: nikon 950...the swivel thing...accepted lens attachments and worked great with studio flash....shot some editorials with it.....combined with the epson 1200? my first shoot, adjust, print 11x14s solution.....at that time this blew people away....

schefz.com
artloch.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad