Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: new Scotland pictures  (Read 3348 times)
Wim van Velzen
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 355



WWW
« on: November 29, 2009, 11:34:33 AM »
ReplyReply

dear all,

Not for the first time we visited Scotland this year, with Orkney as our final destination. On our way to and from I made quite some pictures, which I put on my website today: new portfolios. These are from the Borders, Fife, Ross and Sutherland.

The Caithness and Orkney pictures will follow soon.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:34:59 AM by Wim van Velzen » Logged

I don't have a signature.
wolfnowl
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5791



WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 02:29:01 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for sharing your work, Wim.  My grandfather was a Scot, but I haven't been there (yet).  Looks like a beautiful place to be.

This one is my favourite.

Mike.
Logged

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~


My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Ed Jack
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 225


« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:31:30 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: wolfnowl
Thanks for sharing your work, Wim.  My grandfather was a Scot, but I haven't been there (yet).  Looks like a beautiful place to be.

This one is my favourite.

Mike.

 Nice work, glad to see a Dutch man capable of trudging up mountains with all that MF gear... or did you use a bike  

Have you ever been to Mull ?

Ed
Logged
Wim van Velzen
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 355



WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 12:50:05 PM »
ReplyReply

hi Mike and Ed,

thanks for your comments!
Scotland is certainly worth a visit, and Mull especially so (have you been to Staffa and the Treshnish isles as well?). You can find my Mull portfolios on my site here: the Ross of Mull, with links to some other Mull pictures.

As for the mountain trudging - I tend to stay near the car....   But that is of course, because I have to get back to the family before breakfast!
Logged

I don't have a signature.
Ed Jack
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 225


« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 01:56:13 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Wim van Velzen
hi Mike and Ed,

thanks for your comments!
Scotland is certainly worth a visit, and Mull especially so (have you been to Staffa and the Treshnish isles as well?). You can find my Mull portfolios on my site here: the Ross of Mull, with links to some other Mull pictures.

As for the mountain trudging - I tend to stay near the car....   But that is of course, because I have to get back to the family before breakfast!

Oh yeah, I've just seen thoose images of Mull, unique geology isn't it - and if you like your birds, its a good place to see White tailed eagles!
I went to Staffa, I guess Fingal's cave is a bit of an exposure/DR challenge ? Iona and the monastry must be quite photogenic too (esp in B&W)!
Coll and Tiree and supposed to have some of the best beaches in the world, if not the sun to match ? I have not been to theese though, I speak of their reputation.

Ed
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:44:41 AM by Ed Jack » Logged
Wim van Velzen
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 355



WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 02:48:26 AM »
ReplyReply

I added some more portfolios, from the Caithness area. Rough seas, nice cliffs: Caithness




BTW, on another forum I got the comment that my pictures look a bit oversaturated. What do you think?
Logged

I don't have a signature.
larkvi
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 213



WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 11:43:07 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Wim van Velzen
I added some more portfolios, from the Caithness area. Rough seas, nice cliffs: Caithness




BTW, on another forum I got the comment that my pictures look a bit oversaturated. What do you think?

Wim, I have not looked at this most recent gallery, but based upon your previous work (and a calibrated monitor, which I am not using at the moment, thus my lack of comment on this gallery) I think they often do go just a bit over in saturation. I lived in Scotland, and it really is very green, but I think some of the other colors come out in the saturation in a way that isn't necessarily entirely pleasing. What I like best about your work is the sense of quiet, natural moments, and being too saturated can compromise the sense of the real.

I don't want to detract from the quality of your work at all--I really like it, and make sure to look at each new set in full when I read about them here.
Logged

Wim van Velzen
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 355



WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 02:47:27 PM »
ReplyReply

hi Sean, thanks for your comment.
The problem for me seems to be that I am not (longer) able to view my own work with enough distance (not because I have a 30" screen in a 3' room   ).
What I probably will do is trim the saturation down in some images and show here.

Would it technically be all right to just make an action: open image -> saturation -> -10 points? (the number of points of course depending on taste)
Logged

I don't have a signature.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad