Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Test your color skills  (Read 17420 times)
PdF

« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2014, 03:33:04 PM »
ReplyReply

I got 9 on a MacBook Pro (not calibrated).

PdF
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:34:43 PM by PdF » Logged

PdF
joneil

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2014, 07:28:59 AM »
ReplyReply

didn't try, been colourblind since birth, so no use re-inventing the wheel.   Smiley

However, one thing these tests all miss, not just this one, is your skill at determining contrast.     I have gone for a few studies & extensive testing on my lack fo colour vision, and what has been found out is that over the past 17-18 years, my colour vision has "improved" by 18%.

These stats are form studies I have participated in at a local university that has my records/tests on file and can do comparisons.

What they think is really happening however is my ability to detect contrast has remarkably improved, likely due to necessity more than anything else.   You know that old wives tales about a blind man having superior hearing, but in reality all it boils down to is that person needs their hearing more than somebody with sight, so they work at paying attention to what they are listening too.

My whole point is this - regardless of what your test scores are, you can, each one of you, but working at it, imcrease your ability to detect contrast.  Think the zone system if you will.  And if you have good skill at detecting contrast in a scene or a photo, that will in the long run translate into better photographs.

So don't give up, just work harder at it.
Smiley

ST-EOS

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2014, 03:27:00 AM »
ReplyReply

I only scored 19  Roll Eyes

Regards
Peter
xpatUSA

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2014, 09:46:19 AM »
ReplyReply

14. Getting old sucks.

54! Being old sucks more (74)  Embarrassed