Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Mt. Mayon Volcano Lava Flow  (Read 3564 times)
AdrianT

« on: January 03, 2010, 06:31:17 AM »
ReplyReply

The Mayon Volcano is one of the Philippines' proudest natural wonders, boasting a "perfect cone" because of it's almost perfect conical game. Even though I am from Legaspi, Albay in the Philippines, I have never seen lava flow from the crater of Mt. Mayon as I am never in the province when it erupts, which is every 5 to 7 years. This time around, I made sure to make the trip and try to photograph the violent splendor of this active geological phenomenon

This photo was taken in Padang, Albay, which is within the 8 kilometer danger zone and most of the residents here have been evacuated already by the military. They are not very strict though with visitors and you can come and hang out at night to watch the volcanic activities. The lava flows continuously day in and day out, but the true beauty of the volcano shows itself from dusk til dawn, then the molten lava glows around the volcano's gullies.

False Serenity
BlasR

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:58:05 AM »
ReplyReply

≈beautiful≈

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 02:23:20 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: BlasR
≈beautiful≈

Yes!!!

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Bill Caulfeild-Browne

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: AdrianT
The Mayon Volcano is one of the Philippines' proudest natural wonders, boasting a "perfect cone" because of it's almost perfect conical game. Even though I am from Legaspi, Albay in the Philippines, I have never seen lava flow from the crater of Mt. Mayon as I am never in the province when it erupts, which is every 5 to 7 years. This time around, I made sure to make the trip and try to photograph the violent splendor of this active geological phenomenon

This photo was taken in Padang, Albay, which is within the 8 kilometer danger zone and most of the residents here have been evacuated already by the military. They are not very strict though with visitors and you can come and hang out at night to watch the volcanic activities. The lava flows continuously day in and day out, but the true beauty of the volcano shows itself from dusk til dawn, then the molten lava glows around the volcano's gullies.

False Serenity

Very nice!
Bill
John R

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 03:43:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Excellent capture and composition. The light is also nice wonderful with a soft but bright casting.

JMR
francois

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 02:40:35 AM »
ReplyReply

Very well done. Every element is in the right place, exposure, colors, contrast... fantastic shot.
Bravo Adrian!

Francois
GrantKaye

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »
ReplyReply

Excellent image! I have spent a lot of time over the last few years photographing volcanoes and lava, and I know how difficult it can be. Your image is beautiful, and has so much to say. The contrast between the themes of the water and the fire is poetic. Very well done.

EduPerez

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 02:34:28 PM »
ReplyReply

Both the upper and bottom half are (in my humble opinion) very good photographs: two for the price of one!

Justan

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 03:21:34 PM »
ReplyReply

Great shot - you nailed it!

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad