Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: New Hasselblad camera. Next February 10  (Read 17422 times)
aaron
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 134


WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 06:21:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Professional
WOW, they really did a great job to kill your patience and see your curiosity.

.....and build our expectations....
Logged
EricWHiss
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2399



WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 07:06:56 PM »
ReplyReply

Leicarumors has something about Hasselblad making an S2 "Killer".   That would be interesting if true.
Leica Rumors
Logged

Authorized Rolleiflex Dealer:
Find product information, download user manuals, or purchase online - Rolleiflex USA
mtomalty
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 536


WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 10:13:18 PM »
ReplyReply



I believe it's going to be a camera jointly developed with Apple

The working name is slated to be the  iBlad

Mark

www.marktomalty.com
Logged
Kumar
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 653


WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 10:23:45 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: mtomalty
I believe it's going to be a camera jointly developed with Apple

The working name is slated to be the  iBlad

Mark

www.marktomalty.com


Hey, you work for HP??
Logged

vandevanterSH
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 626


« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 10:27:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: EricWHiss
Leicarumors has something about Hasselblad making an S2 "Killer".   That would be interesting if true.
Leica Rumors
*********
This is from their web site...doesn't sound like new camera to me..

"Curiosity’s killing you, isn't it?

What if we were to tell you that our little surprise is something that can help you get famous?

What if we were to tell you that we can put your work in front of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people, absolutely free of charge?

What if we were to tell you that you still have to wait until February 1st to find out the rest?

http://www.hasselblad.com/promotions/countdown.aspx
Logged
shutay
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 203


WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 10:50:37 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: vandevanterSH
*********
This is from their web site...doesn't sound like new camera to me..

"Curiosity’s killing you, isn't it?

What if we were to tell you that our little surprise is something that can help you get famous?

What if we were to tell you that we can put your work in front of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people, absolutely free of charge?

What if we were to tell you that you still have to wait until February 1st to find out the rest?

http://www.hasselblad.com/promotions/countdown.aspx

Just remember what Nick-T said:
Quote from: Nick-T
Sorry to be so vague...
There will be an announcement on the 1st about a thing on the 10th.
On Feb 1st, they will tell you all about the thing that will help you get famous, put your work in front of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people, absolutely free of charge, etc., but also "There will be an announcement on the 1st about a thing on the 10th."

I bet Michael's post about this thing for his "What's New" page is almost ready to go up...
Whatever it is they're doing, I really hope Hasselblad doesn't "iPad" this new announcement and underwhelm everybody like Apple did.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:53:51 PM by shutay » Logged
TMARK
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1834


« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 11:03:39 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: jimgolden
digital MF rangefinder ala Bronica RF645/Fuji GA645 with cmos...killer

YES PLEASE, with a RF and live view on the back, perhaps an EVF instead of a true RF, so a Mamiya 7 like package but with TTL.

I'm sold.

The more I think about it, the more interesting this could be.  Might be a real camera, meant for digital from Jump Street.  Maybe they price it like the H31, high but not retarded high like the S2.

Logged
BobDavid
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1075


« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 08:06:10 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: TMARK
YES PLEASE, with a RF and live view on the back, perhaps an EVF instead of a true RF, so a Mamiya 7 like package but with TTL.

I'm sold.

The more I think about it, the more interesting this could be.  Might be a real camera, meant for digital from Jump Street.  Maybe they price it like the H31, high but not retarded high like the S2.

My hunch is that the new cam will have a CMOS sensor in a 645-like platform.
Logged
erick.boileau
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 469


WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 09:31:56 AM »
ReplyReply

a compact MF FF camera  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 04:45:23 PM by erick.boileau » Logged
markowich
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 119


WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 11:43:38 AM »
ReplyReply

i hear it is a H4D 40, same sensor as P40+
hope to be wrong.
peter
Logged
D!RK
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 9


« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 01:05:15 PM »
ReplyReply

To me this announcement doesn't sound like new hardware. Sounds more like a Flickr for Hasselblad owners.
Logged
Professional
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 306


« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: D!RK
To me this announcement doesn't sound like new hardware. Sounds more like a Flickr for Hasselblad owners.

There are few flickr groups about Hasselblad, so what will be different, that it will be officially from Hasselblad? or maybe they will have a special website for Hasselbald owners only to post their shots?
Unfortunately, i have Hasselblad, but Flickr is blocked in my area.
Logged
archivue
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 415


« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2010, 03:06:02 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Professional
There are few flickr groups about Hasselblad, so what will be different, that it will be officially from Hasselblad? or maybe they will have a special website for Hasselbald owners only to post their shots?
Unfortunately, i have Hasselblad, but Flickr is blocked in my area.



Maybe a prize comes with it !
Logged
Barry Goyette
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 34


« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »
ReplyReply

As long as we're speculating....I think its the 40 MP cropped sensor H3d-31 II replacement referred to earlier, but at a price point to compete with canon's upcoming MarkIV-1ds, and mamiya's low end offerings...possibly in a one piece format...Hasselblad really hasn't announced an H4d "entry Level"...they need one.

I do not expect a new format with a new lens system..(doesn't make sense to me).

Barry
Logged
BJL
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5124


« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 03:22:55 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: markowich
i hear it is a H4D 40, same sensor as P40+
A new 40MP back with the H4D body is a safe if boring guess, given that Kodak has quietly added a 40MP, roughly 44x33mm sensor with the new 6 micron TrueSense pixels to its product list: http://www.kodak.com:80/global/plugins/acr...ductSummary.pdf
So, a H3DII-31 replacement?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 03:26:43 PM by BJL » Logged
Nick-T
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 462


« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 03:25:38 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: BJL
That is a safe if boring guess, given that Kodak has quietly added a 40MP, roughly 44x33mm sensor with the new 6 micron TrueSense pixels to its product list: http://www.kodak.com:80/global/plugins/acr...ductSummary.pdf

The P40+ is a Dalsa no?

Nick-T
Logged

gwhitf
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 820


« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 04:50:56 PM »
ReplyReply

Who knows if this is a camera at all? Maybe it's just a Flickr-type hype site. But I will admit, I was oddly excited by the thought of an S2 type body that used HC lenses like the 100mm; something that was fast on its feet, with smallish files, and quick shutter, and little slap, and great viewfinder. No matter the price. I'd pay any amount of money for something like that. Large finder; fast frame rate; light weight; maybe even CMOS instead of CCD; and a nice tight 3 inch LCD; and in unibody fixed, instead of separate back and body. The time has come for a leapfrog in approach to the camera design. Maybe Hasselblad is ready for the call; maybe Phocus is ready for the workflow; easy, effortless, and intuitive. I guess will we see soon. I'd dump all the Canons for a great truly portable solution.
Logged
BJL
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5124


« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Nick-T
The P40+ is a Dalsa no?

Nick-T
Yes, sorry, I mixed up two previous posts when I responded.
I am guessing that Hasellblad will stay with Kodak sensors except for using the 60MP Dalsa for which Kodak offers no counterpart.
Logged
Nemo
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 276



« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: gwhitf
But I will admit, I was oddly excited by the thought of an S2 type body that used HC lenses like the 100mm; something that was fast on its feet, with smallish files, and quick shutter, and little slap, and great viewfinder.


Hasselblad has a problem with formats. They cannot present a system with a format different than 645 without a new set of lenses for that new format (crop factors are a pain in the ass). If Hasselblad presents a camera based on 645 format (viewfinder, mount, H lenses compatible) the total size of the camera will be large. If they present a new system based on a new MF format, the camera will be competitive against Leica, but also against Hasselblad H system. Hasselblad is tied to the 645 and 6x6 formats...
Logged
aaron
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 134


WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »
ReplyReply

Advert in UK mag PhotoPro, just out a couple of days ago

Hasselblad H4D-40  £12,995 + VAT

Worldwide launch on Feb 10th

Logged
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad