Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: H4D40 800 ISO Shot  (Read 11061 times)
Dustbak
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2370


« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2010, 12:54:22 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: bcooter
"it's not connecting" words.

That thought make me truly sweat because at that moment you realize it is out of your hands and could be a problem that you cannot fix on the spot. Fortunately this has happened to me only once and it has been a while ( knock on wood, statistically I am in the danger zone).

Quote from: bcooter
If all of this is true they are worth a look, but once again, it better be bulletproof and reliable and as far as waiting on apple to make a faster powerbook, well that's just not the case anymore, it's up to the camera and software to work off the shelf today, not hoping for it to work tomorrow.

Hasselblad's solutions do work today with the current hardware, my MBP is at the bottom end of the recommended setup. Hasselblad does state a minimal requirement as well as a recommended configuration. More is always better. I don't mind buying the latest state of the art hardware if it gives me the desired performance. The only reason I currently wait for the new MBP is because it is bound to have a fairly drastic upgrade and it is supposed to happen any day now. I could always get the current model but I can hold on for a while if I get updated spec's.

Ah well... it is the never ending story I guess
Logged
fredjeang
Guest
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 02:10:53 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: bcooter
...To put a positive spin on it, for the last few years professional photography is an industry in change, to put a negative spin on it some think it's a dying industry, I'm kind of in between those two thoughts because as
much as I'd like to think it's just about change, I know the realities of the monetary and creative challenges that are put in front of us daily and it's a much different world in 2009/2010 than it was in 2006.

Regardless of what you think of the future of this industry the very hard reality is nobody is going to buy anything anymore that is problematic and nothing speaks louder than real world use.
It is a very interesting statement, made by someone who is fully trustable (if I can say it in english).
I would like to know if bcooter thinks that there will really be a kind of "purification" in the industry (I mean all the actors) and will soon disappear many unperfect products but also many ways of working, where 100% of reliability and 0 time lost will become THE standard?
And what about video capability in MFD?
But the points made by bcooter are really relevants in my understanding, and something is changing that we (all involved in the process at one stage or another) and the brands will have to face soon or later.
If the pressure is higher, and keeps going higher, who will be able to maintain the competition?

Ps: It seems that the jpeg at 100% for download is a 10 quality but not max 12.

Fred
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 02:51:18 PM by fredjeang » Logged
Dick Roadnight
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1730


« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
ReplyReply

David...

Next time you find yourself in front of a nice landscape, take a picture with a tripod, MLU and an HD4-60. (Or send me the camera and let me do it).

Dick
Logged

Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
AlexLF
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 15


WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 05:06:12 PM »
ReplyReply

Just seen the pictures - very impressive!
Logged
fredjeang
Guest
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 05:24:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
David...

Next time you find yourself in front of a nice landscape, take a picture with a tripod, MLU and an HD4-60. (Or send me the camera and let me do it).

Dick
I think the David's picture is also interesting as well exactly because the way it was taken. Your point is that you want to see a sample taken in "proper" conditions, wich would be tripod, mlu and timer. I understand and agree...But, it is also interesting to see what can be expected in "unproper" conditions like in this case.
In the way, the David pic is saying: that is the worst you can have.
And that is pretty impressive I think.

Thank David for this sample.

Fred.
Logged
David Grover / Phase One
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 974



WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2010, 01:20:44 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: fredjeang
I think the David's picture is also interesting as well exactly because the way it was taken. Your point is that you want to see a sample taken in "proper" conditions, wich would be tripod, mlu and timer. I understand and agree...But, it is also interesting to see what can be expected in "unproper" conditions like in this case.
In the way, the David pic is saying: that is the worst you can have.
And that is pretty impressive I think.

Thank David for this sample.

Fred.

It was definitely the worst as especially I am not too keen on heights and didn't have a neck strap on the camera!  The H4D was balanced on the glass wall at the end of the rooftop bar.  You can see it in the attached image.

But yes, good point.  I have no doubt with MLU, tripod etc etc, the 31,39,40,50 and 60 would all produce stunning results.

D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:22:07 AM by David Grover / Hasselblad » Logged

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager, Software.
Dick Roadnight
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1730


« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2010, 10:18:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
It was definitely the worst as especially I am not too keen on heights and didn't have a neck strap on the camera!  The H4D was balanced on the glass wall at the end of the rooftop bar.  You can see it in the attached image.

But yes, good point.  I have no doubt with MLU, tripod etc etc, the 31,39,40,50 and 60 would all produce stunning results.

D
...yes - you are keen to show that it will do a good job hand held at night, but some of us want to know how the 60 (@ 50 asa) compares to a good 10 * 8 shot.

You are, presumably, one of the few who has had the privilege of using an H4D-60.
Logged

Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
David Grover / Phase One
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 974



WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2010, 11:12:02 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
...yes - you are keen to show that it will do a good job hand held at night, but some of us want to know how the 60 (@ 50 asa) compares to a good 10 * 8 shot.

You are, presumably, one of the few who has had the privilege of using an H4D-60.

Dick,

10MP aside, I would not expect you to see anything remarkably different to the camera you already own?

David
Logged

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager, Software.
Dick Roadnight
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1730


« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2010, 03:56:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Dick,

10MP aside, I would not expect you to see anything remarkably different to the camera you already own?

David

Is this the sales department talking?
The 60 has APL and
much better auto-focus
( but I should be able to get good auto-focus using the extra focus light on my Metz flashes)
...but one thing thay I look forward to is being able to
fill the width of a 24" (7900) printer @ 360ppi
or to print 24 * 36" @240ppi
or, with a single row stitching back, print 24" * whatever
without scaling or up-rezing.

Fortunately I have the option to upgrade without spending a fortune.

I think the the upgrade from phocus to phocus 2 make more difference than the extra 10 Mpx. but I  have that already.
Logged

Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
Nick-T
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 462


« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
The 60 has APL and

Australian Pork Limited?
Logged

Dick Roadnight
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1730


« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2010, 04:12:47 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Nick-T
Australian Pork Limited?
Auto Phcous Lock, for focus and re-compose.
Logged

Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
KLaban
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1671



WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2010, 04:40:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Any
Photos
Likely

?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 06:43:04 PM by KLaban » Logged

David Grover / Phase One
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 974



WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2010, 01:01:56 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
Is this the sales department talking?
The 60 has APL and
much better auto-focus
( but I should be able to get good auto-focus using the extra focus light on my Metz flashes)
...but one thing thay I look forward to is being able to
fill the width of a 24" (7900) printer @ 360ppi
or to print 24 * 36" @240ppi
or, with a single row stitching back, print 24" * whatever
without scaling or up-rezing.

Fortunately I have the option to upgrade without spending a fortune.

I think the the upgrade from phocus to phocus 2 make more difference than the extra 10 Mpx. but I  have that already.

Dick,

The AF is the same on the H4D40, 50 and 60.

Also I would not expect True Focus to give you a benefit on a Landscape image.. unless you were focussing on something closer in the foreground at a wide open aperture.

24" wide is a walk in the park for your 50MP.

David

Logged

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager, Software.
Dick Roadnight
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1730


« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 02:54:28 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Dick,

The AF is the same on the H4D40, 50 and 60.

Also I would not expect True Focus to give you a benefit on a Landscape image.. unless you were focussing on something closer in the foreground at a wide open aperture.

24" wide is a walk in the park for your 50MP.

David
Many of the benefits of the H4 will make no difference when I use the back on a view camera, but I do also do dance photography, people and some general point-and-shoot photography.

I have used an H4D-40, and the AF is much better than my H3D11-50, with or without modeling lights.
Logged

Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
Pages: « 1 2 [3]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad