Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Unexpected End of File Error  (Read 2366 times)
adam_j
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 25


« on: March 06, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Hey all,
  Wondering if you can help me with a problem I ran into today, when I imported some images from shooting today I got the message "Unexpected End of File Error" when I click on some of the images.  Most of the images from the day are good but a few seem to be bad, this is not only a LR problem but I'm hoping some others have seen this error in the past and may be able to help.

I was shooting a Olympus E-P2 with a Kingston SD card.

I've attached a screenshot of the image viewed from Apple Preview

[attachment=20722:P3060181.ORF.jpg]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 05:33:00 PM by adam_j » Logged

DarkPenguin
Guest
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 11:31:14 PM »
ReplyReply

Sounds like the files were truncated.  You might consider trying to copy them again.  Or at least check that file sizes on the card  are the same as the copied files.
Logged
David Hufford
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 114



« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 03:30:41 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Sounds like the files were truncated.  You might consider trying to copy them again.  Or at least check that file sizes on the card  are the same as the copied files.

I have had that error a few times and it has always been due to a card error. I'd do as suggested and check the file size. I have not been able to recover a file with such an error.
Logged

*Never fall in love with anything that can't love you back*
mcbroomf
Sr. Member
****
Online Online

Posts: 404


WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 07:37:50 AM »
ReplyReply

Also check your card reader, try another one or try an import from your camera.

Mike
Logged

Mike Broomfield
Website
DarkPenguin
Guest
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 10:37:50 AM »
ReplyReply

I would certainly question the card or reader.  One or both would be retired.
Logged
Ronny Nilsen
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 341


WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 11:55:33 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: adam_j
Hey all,
  Wondering if you can help me with a problem I ran into today, when I imported some images from shooting today I got the message "Unexpected End of File Error" when I click on some of the images.  Most of the images from the day are good but a few seem to be bad, this is not only a LR problem but I'm hoping some others have seen this error in the past and may be able to help.

I was shooting a Olympus E-P2 with a Kingston SD card.

I've attached a screenshot of the image viewed from Apple Preview

[attachment=20722:P3060181.ORF.jpg]

Looks like the same problem I had with Kingston CF cards in my old Canon 20D. Have never used Kingston since, and never seen the problem repeated.

Ronny
Logged

DarkPenguin
Guest
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 12:02:21 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Ronny Nilsen
Looks like the same problem I had with Kingston CF cards in my old Canon 20D. Have never used Kingston since, and never seen the problem repeated.

Ronny

It seems to me that I had occasional issues with my 20D and my kingston cards.  Only in cold weather, tho.  So I kind of assumed it was a connector issue.  The same cards have been flawless in my Xti and 40D.
Logged
adam_j
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 25


« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 10:19:25 AM »
ReplyReply

thanks all, I used the same card reader many many times without issue so I am going to leave that out for the time being.  I am going to assume the card for now and pick up a replacement in the next few days to be sure.

Appreciate all the help.
Adam
Logged

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad