Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: When clouds roll by  (Read 1535 times)
John R

« on: March 06, 2010, 07:22:27 PM »
ReplyReply

If I am not at work and see clouds rolling by or wispy cloud streaks in the sky, I try get out of everything and head for the country or some conservation area. This is where I took these two.

JMR
Bill Caulfeild-Browne

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 09:46:05 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: John R
If I am not at work and see clouds rolling by or wispy cloud streaks in the sky, I try get out of everything and head for the country or some conservation area. This is where I took these two.

JMR

That first one is fabulous, John!
Bill
AndrewKulin

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 11:03:59 PM »
ReplyReply

John:

I prefer the first in B & W for its strong contrast and how you were able to position the white tree within the gap in the clouds which makes it stand out.

wolfnowl

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 01:09:19 AM »
ReplyReply

Nice clouds!  Just to be different, I'll prefer the colour one.

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
kikashi

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 03:16:19 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: John R

JMR
I love the b&w! I suspect I'd like the second more if it weren't spoiled by the immediate comparison with the first.

Jeremy
John R

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 06:13:02 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks, Bill, Andrew, Mike and Jeremy. The bW looks pretty good in colour too, but I decided to try a bw version. I did a BW version of the farm scene, but the snow ends up looking too grey for my taste, and the white areas of cloud end up looking burned out.

JMR
popnfresh
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »
ReplyReply

John, your work continues to improve. I like both of these very much, with the B&W being my favorite of the two.
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
ReplyReply

The B&W is stunning! Perfect positioning of the tree against the darker opening in the clouds makes it not only standing out, but looks like the clouds leak from the branches... surreal! I also like the timeless simplicity of using very basic elements: sky, clouds, tree, sunlight... the picture could have been taken million years ago (hypothetically) and million years from now (or so we hope).

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
francois

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 04:34:27 AM »
ReplyReply

I love the first one. The tree seems surrounded by moving clouds. The high contrast adds drama. Well, very well done.
The second photo is also very pleasing, especially the clouds in  the blue sky.

Francois
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad