Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1] 2 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: LR 3 Beta 2 Released  (Read 8280 times)
John Hollenberg
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 770


« on: March 22, 2010, 11:05:05 PM »
ReplyReply

The Beta 2 has been released as of 9:00 PM PDT.  See this post by Ian Lyons for a great preview of the new features:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr3_beta_...lr3-beta2-1.htm

Get the beta here:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/?sdid=FBTFC
Logged
wtlloyd
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 126


« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 11:47:26 PM »
ReplyReply

Whoo-Hoo! Point curve editor!
Logged
Josh-H
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1910



WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 02:26:46 AM »
ReplyReply

*cough* soft proofing? *cough*
Logged

Christopher
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 02:38:29 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Josh-H
*cough* soft proofing? *cough*


well we know it's not everything, let's just hope there is actually really some bigger things when LR3 ships.
Logged

francois
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 6870


« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 02:39:34 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Josh-H
*cough* soft proofing? *cough*
Need a good cough syrup?
Me too!

 
Logged

Francois
Photo Op
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 193


« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 05:28:42 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Josh-H
*cough* soft proofing? *cough*

*cough* can you say reason for $99 upgrade price (SP)*cough* when the gold finally gets here.
Logged

David
Doyle Yoder
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 500


« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 05:54:00 AM »
ReplyReply

Adobe LR2 and PSCS4 work correctly with Apple's new printing path and yet they release the second beta of LR3 with the old problem of forcing the driver to colorsync and double profiling when application manages color is selected. At least with the Canon iPF drivers that work correctly with LR2 and PSCS4.
 
This is crazy that they do not have LR3 beta 2 printing the same as LR2 and PSCS4 which Adobe has constantly insisted they have programed correctly per Apple's instruction, and does work correctly by turning of CM in the driver instead of forcing the driver to colorsync and double profiling as the LR3 betas do.

Doyle
Logged
StuartOnline
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 300


WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 07:13:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Just in case you are interested there is a video out.

What's New In Lightroom 3 Beta 2
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/what-s-new-in-li...troom-3-beta-2/
Logged
Photo Op
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 193


« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 08:04:41 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Doyle Yoder
Adobe LR2 and PSCS4 work correctly with Apple's new printing path and yet they release the second beta of LR3 with the old problem of forcing the driver to colorsync and double profiling when application manages color is selected. At least with the Canon iPF drivers that work correctly with LR2 and PSCS4.
 
This is crazy that they do not have LR3 beta 2 printing the same as LR2 and PSCS4 which Adobe has constantly insisted they have programed correctly per Apple's instruction, and does work correctly by turning of CM in the driver instead of forcing the driver to colorsync and double profiling as the LR3 betas do.

Doyle

Doyle- maybe true, but Apple is "soon" to release 10.6.3 which early indications are it "deals" with 3rd party printing. Maybe they have worked behind the scenes (both companies) so that with the release of both updates the problem is fixed. We can only hope.
Logged

David
Doyle Yoder
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 500


« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 08:24:28 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Photo Op
Doyle- maybe true, but Apple is "soon" to release 10.6.3 which early indications are it "deals" with 3rd party printing. Maybe they have worked behind the scenes (both companies) so that with the release of both updates the problem is fixed. We can only hope.

Considering past experience that is a lot to hope for. But, if so I hope it does not make changes to printing from PSCS4 and LR2.

Doyle
Logged
digitaldog
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9187



WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Doyle Yoder
Adobe LR2 and PSCS4 work correctly with Apple's new printing path and yet they release the second beta of LR3 with the old problem of forcing the driver to colorsync and double profiling when application manages color is selected.


I’m not sure I understand, can you show a screen capture (I’m using Epson drivers). Is this in the LR app or the driver?
Logged

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
Doyle Yoder
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 500


« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 08:53:51 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: digitaldog
I’m not sure I understand, can you show a screen capture (I’m using Epson drivers). Is this in the LR app or the driver?

Here you go.

Doyle
Logged
digitaldog
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9187



WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 08:57:13 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Doyle Yoder
Here you go.

Doyle


Thanks. So I’m not sure what you are referring to. The 2nd dialog where it says Matching Mode: ColorSync??
Logged

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
Doyle Yoder
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 500


« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 09:12:33 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: digitaldog
Thanks. So I’m not sure what you are referring to. The 2nd dialog where it says Matching Mode: ColorSync??

The dialog where it says Color/Matching Mode ColorSync is from LR3 and causes double profiling.

The dialog that says No color correction is from LR2 and turns off color management in the driver. This is the same as PSCS4. This does not cause double profiling.

Doyle
Logged
BJNY
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1112


« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
ReplyReply

http://www.macworld.co.uk/procreative/news...NewsID=3218063:

New features in this Lightroom 3 beta 2 includes tethered shooting support for select Nikon and Canon cameras,
the ability to import and manage video files from DSLR cameras for a streamlined workflow
and additional behind-the-scenes architecture enhancements for faster importing and loading of images.
Logged

Guillermo
loonsailor
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 69


« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 10:34:11 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Doyle Yoder
The dialog where it says Color/Matching Mode ColorSync is from LR3 and causes double profiling.

The dialog that says No color correction is from LR2 and turns off color management in the driver. This is the same as PSCS4. This does not cause double profiling.

Doyle

Is this issue specific to Snow Leopard, or will it occur in Leopard as well?  All Epson printers (I have a 3880)?
Logged
digitaldog
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9187



WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 10:48:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Doyle Yoder
The dialog where it says Color/Matching Mode ColorSync is from LR3 and causes double profiling.

The dialog that says No color correction is from LR2 and turns off color management in the driver. This is the same as PSCS4. This does not cause double profiling.

Sorry, I’m still not clear. Here’s what I see in both LR2 and LR3 for the Epson driver in terms of ColorSync (vs. the non CS “sRGB path), is that what you’re referring to but in the Canon driver:


When you say double profiling, the print is coming out real ugly right?

At least with the Epson driver, there is a setting that you are supposed to use called “No Color Adjustment” with profiles. Is that akin to what you refer to as “No Color Correction” in your driver? For Epson, the user has to set this. LR should remember that setting. Are you saying that in LR 3 its not and it is remembering to set it in LR2?
Logged

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
Doyle Yoder
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 500


« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: digitaldog
Sorry, I’m still not clear. Here’s what I see in both LR2 and LR3 for the Epson driver in terms of ColorSync (vs. the non CS “sRGB path), is that what you’re referring to but in the Canon driver:

When you say double profiling, the print is coming out real ugly right?

At least with the Epson driver, there is a setting that you are supposed to use called “No Color Adjustment” with profiles. Is that akin to what you refer to as “No Color Correction” in your driver? For Epson, the user has to set this. LR should remember that setting. Are you saying that in LR 3 its not and it is remembering to set it in LR2?

With Apple's new printing path and drivers that support 10.5 or 10.6 Color Matching will default to ColorSync when choosing application manages color. In the Canon iPF drivers under Main/Color it should default to "No color correction" which is what LR2 and PSCS4 does. But in LR3 Main/Color default to Color and then under Set/Matching it is forced to ColorSync which results in double profiling.

In the Epson drivers are you able to make the same setting in the driver when LR2 or LR3 in managing color?

I might add that this seems to be the exact same problem that LR2.3 RC exhibited but was fixed in the FR and has not shown up in a further 2. releases.

Oh and it gets even better. Now you can no longer choose Vendor Matching under Color Matching when first selecting Print Settings and then be able to select Print One without be forced to colorsync and double profiling. This was one workaround before.

Doyle
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 11:08:42 AM by Doyle Yoder » Logged
digitaldog
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9187



WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 11:10:29 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Doyle Yoder
With Apple's new printing path and drivers that support 10.5 or 10.6 Color Matching will default to ColorSync when choosing application manages color.

I think the two key words above is “and drivers”.

Quote
In the Canon iPF drivers under Main/Color it should default to "No color correction" which is what LR2 and PSCS4 does. But in LR3 Main/Color default to Color and then under Set/Matching it is forced to ColorSync which results in double profiling.

Even if you set it and tell LR to “save...”? At least on the Epson‘s I have, this works.

Quote
In the Epson drivers are you able to make the same setting in the driver when LR2 or LR3 in managing color?

Yes. But one issue again is “and drivers” because depending on the printer driver version, it might not. I don’t know this is necessarily LRs fault.
Logged

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
digitaldog
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9187



WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 11:19:02 AM »
ReplyReply

I just printed the same document using color management in LR3 and LR2, the results are identical as were the setting of course. Epson 3880.
Logged

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
Pages: [1] 2 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad