Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: 22 megapixel screen  (Read 1690 times)
feppe

Oh this shows up in here!

« on: March 26, 2010, 02:43:36 PM »
ReplyReply

Here's yet another step towards higher-resolution displays. There's no mention of pixel pitch, but I assume they're using off-the-shelf projectors for pretty standard results - the high megapixel count comes from using 28 projectors and the massive area!

via Geekbrief.tv
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:45:28 PM by feppe » Logged

RossMonad

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:07:03 AM »
ReplyReply

This hardware is technological advance but quality of this "screen" do not impress me much.
Jeremy Payne
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:31:04 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: RossMonad
This hardware is technological advance but quality of this "screen" do not impress me much.
Were you there in person to see it or are you speculating based on a off-angle compressed video on the internet?

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 05:26:36 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: feppe
Here's yet another step towards higher-resolution displays. There's no mention of pixel pitch, but I assume they're using off-the-shelf projectors for pretty standard results - the high megapixel count comes from using 28 projectors and the massive area!

Interesting application, but the focus here is more on interface/human interaction than on absolute image quality.

They could have used much better full HD projectors had they had the cash and willingness.

The best projectors are now 8K, meaning 8000x4000 pixels or 32 megapixel with a single device.

Cheers,
Bernard

A few images online here!
RossMonad

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:20:24 AM »
ReplyReply

At least, they have to use the same calibration for all projectors. It is more about a new type of interaction not quality of projection.
pedro.silva

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 03:45:50 AM »
ReplyReply

for a meager half million us-bucks, rite?
i know, you did say "had they had the cash and willingness"...
cheers,
pedro

Quote from: BernardLanguillier

They could have used much better full HD projectors had they had the cash and willingness.

The best projectors are now 8K, meaning 8000x4000 pixels or 32 megapixel with a single device.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad