Would you prefer for us not to offer these public RC versions? Keep in mind that adopters of new cameras (e.g., Rebel T2i) would have to wait a few more weeks to get final support. That is, not having a public RC does not imply moving up the final release date.
We realize that there are many users who have one of the latest cameras (i.e., users who are eagerly waiting for a software update from us), and we also realize there are many users who have older cameras and don't care about these updates. Please understand that it is very difficult to please both groups simultaneously.
Why is Adobe's actually providing RC's? Is that just to get the support of new cameras available to customers earlier?
If that is the case, i have no issue with it. At this moment in time i have no "new camera", so for me it does not matter.
But i can imagine being in a position with a just bought new camera, and having to wait for a release of LR to have it fully supported.
What matters for me is robust software with good functionality, my focus today is much more on the image asset management side of things.
An area which appears to have much less attention in the LR3 beta's than the image development aspect, and this is not very reassuring.