Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Using Indesign to print to 9600  (Read 1173 times)
Wills
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 77


Wills


WWW
« on: May 12, 2010, 09:37:47 AM »
ReplyReply

I moved to Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and hit the Epson printer problems with driver/colorsync issues I've installed the new Epson drivers but still see shadow details blocking up, luckily I also have Tiger running on a separate system so can still print from Lightroom and Photoshop but it's a work around switching over.
 
Now I read there was a work around using InDesign where the printer communication differs from other Adobe products I have CS2 and solves these issues within Snow Leopard . The problem is I can't find the technique online and wanted to set up documents that I print to 20x24 30x40 etc and want the printer profile attached to that template and drop the sized psd file into it, I could speed up my nesting by creating a multiple image sheet.
 
I've set up a new document, attached the printer profile and did a test print, however there was no way I could see to set the quality of the output which is normally in the print driver it goes straight to the default 360dpi output by passing the printer dialog. So I've got the gist just not sorted out the best way to create these print templates so printing becomes the pleasure it once was.
Logged

Doyle Yoder
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 500


« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 10:28:57 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: William Wilson
I moved to Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and hit the Epson printer problems with driver/colorsync issues I've installed the new Epson drivers but still see shadow details blocking up, luckily I also have Tiger running on a separate system so can still print from Lightroom and Photoshop but it's a work around switching over.
 
Now I read there was a work around using InDesign where the printer communication differs from other Adobe products I have CS2 and solves these issues within Snow Leopard . The problem is I can't find the technique online and wanted to set up documents that I print to 20x24 30x40 etc and want the printer profile attached to that template and drop the sized psd file into it, I could speed up my nesting by creating a multiple image sheet.
 
I've set up a new document, attached the printer profile and did a test print, however there was no way I could see to set the quality of the output which is normally in the print driver it goes straight to the default 360dpi output by passing the printer dialog. So I've got the gist just not sorted out the best way to create these print templates so printing becomes the pleasure it once was.

There are no driver/colorsync issues when printing from the latest 9600 driver 8.19 and 10.6.3. At least not with PS CS4 and CS5. PS CS2 should be ok, but PSCS3 could be a crap shoot.

Doyle
Logged
Wills
Jr. Member
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 77


Wills


WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:19:21 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Doyle Yoder
There are no driver/colorsync issues when printing from the latest 9600 driver 8.19 and 10.6.3. At least not with PS CS4 and CS5. PS CS2 should be ok, but PSCS3 could be a crap shoot.

Doyle
So your thinking CS3 could be the culprit, the grey scale step wedges off my print test chart are definitely not as they should be if I use the other printer a canon on CS3 in 10.6.3 it's pretty close to the 10.4 version.
Logged

Doyle Yoder
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 500


« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 11:44:44 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: William Wilson
So your thinking CS3 could be the culprit, the grey scale step wedges off my print test chart are definitely not as they should be if I use the other printer a canon on CS3 in 10.6.3 it's pretty close to the 10.4 version.

PSCS3 appeared to have some combination of Apple's old and new printing paths, so anything might be possible.

Doyle

Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad