Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Arca-Swiss C1 Cube  (Read 2652 times)
DavidLehman
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 48


WWW
« on: May 17, 2010, 06:56:53 PM »
ReplyReply

I've got a Cube (no satchel) that is collecting dust. Never used, bought brand new.

*SOLD*

Bought and sold here before, know a lot of users, also have references on the fredmiranda.com b/s board.

Thanks.

(If you have a Nikon D700 in mint condition with box/papers, low shutter, etc. I'd take that in partial trade, though I'd prefer to sell)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:41:29 AM by DavidLehman » Logged

michael
Administrator
Sr. Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 4782



« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:53:46 PM »
ReplyReply

They sell new for $1699 at B&H.
Logged
DavidLehman
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 48


WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: michael
They sell new for $1699 at B&H.

I'm not B&H and I actually have one.
Logged

JonathanBenoit
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 414


WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 07:23:23 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: DavidLehman
I'm not B&H and I actually have one.

So you are thinking that someone isn't patient enough to wait 2-4 weeks for a brand new cube? You think they would rather pay more to buy this one from you? It's $1699 pretty much everywhere, so you might want to rethink that.
Logged

kdphotography
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 704


WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 08:02:33 AM »
ReplyReply

I doubt that Michael is trying to undercut you!    

The "anniversary edition" sans Coach leather satchel is about $1700, but nice black corrugated cardboard box.  I bought mine at Capture Integration in Atlanta.  And I think Capture Integration has them on the shelf.
Logged

DavidLehman
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 48


WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 08:23:56 AM »
ReplyReply

This is the anniversary edition, not that that makes one bit of difference.

However, I wasn't aware there is some price guide I am supposed to follow when selling private property. If someone wants to wait for it, by all means do so. I don't see a part of my thread where I put a gun to someone's head. I would encourage the forum administrator to clean up this thread or delete it as he is the ultimate decider of what gets sold around here, I suppose.

That said, the fact I've received a few offers (which I encourage, obo does mean 'or best offer') that are above msrp tells me that I'm not off base. The market will set the price, not the price police.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:45:23 AM by DavidLehman » Logged

MichaelGolob
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 6



WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 12:20:39 PM »
ReplyReply

Dude.....

Don't you realize "who" you are talking to and "how" you are talking to these people??!!

psssst....Michael runs this show and Ken is a long time resident

wow
Logged
DavidLehman
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 48


WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 12:31:38 PM »
ReplyReply

I am completely aware of who Michael (I addressed him as the forum administrator when asking him to remove the offending posts) is and I don't think I've been anything but restrained in my comments. I suppose I am missing the point where tenure or stature allows one to price police a thread. That's general buy/sell forum etiquette on every single board I've been on, including this one.

If the owner of the board would like to delete the thread because he disagrees with my offer, that is his prerogative. Otherwise, people only interested in discussing price that are not potential buyers have no business posting on the thread.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 12:34:21 PM by DavidLehman » Logged

Sheldon N
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 796


« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 03:35:06 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: DavidLehman
That's general buy/sell forum etiquette on every single board I've been on, including this one.

I believe general forum etiquette also includes not making snarky replies to the owner of the forum when he comments on your thread.

GLWS.
Logged

michael
Administrator
Sr. Member
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 4782



« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 04:09:22 PM »
ReplyReply

Chill. I was simply drawing to the attention of someone who might not be aware, that the price asked is several hundred dollars more than the current retail price from quite a few dealers around the US. Some have stock, some don't. That's not the issue.

There's no "policing" going on (though there could be if warranted).

Our For Sale section is largely unmoderated, and I want it to stay that way. But when a private sale item is listed for more than current commercial retail I felt it appropriate to draw this to any potential buyers attention.

If this upsets you, go elsewhere.

Michael


Logged
healeystudio
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 48


WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 08:57:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: michael
Chill. I was simply drawing to the attention of someone who might not be aware, that the price asked is several hundred dollars more than the current retail price from quite a few dealers around the US. Some have stock, some don't. That's not the issue.

There's no "policing" going on (though there could be if warranted).

Our For Sale section is largely unmoderated, and I want it to stay that way. But when a private sale item is listed for more than current commercial retail I felt it appropriate to draw this to any potential buyers attention.

If this upsets you, go elsewhere.

Michael

BRAVO!  We appreciate this.  Thank you.

Logged
DavidLehman
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 48


WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 09:39:19 AM »
ReplyReply

Sold. Thank you.

I'll have one more for sale in July.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:40:39 AM by DavidLehman » Logged

JonathanBenoit
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 414


WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 03:45:20 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: DavidLehman
This is the anniversary edition, not that that makes one bit of difference.

However, I wasn't aware there is some price guide I am supposed to follow when selling private property. If someone wants to wait for it, by all means do so. I don't see a part of my thread where I put a gun to someone's head. I would encourage the forum administrator to clean up this thread or delete it as he is the ultimate decider of what gets sold around here, I suppose.

That said, the fact I've received a few offers (which I encourage, obo does mean 'or best offer') that are above msrp tells me that I'm not off base. The market will set the price, not the price police.

Wow. crazy much?
Logged

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad