Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1] 2 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Check the latest B&W  (Read 13136 times)
RSL
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 6208



WWW
« on: May 22, 2010, 04:46:47 PM »
ReplyReply

Chuck,

First a beautiful spread in LensWork followed almost immediately by a Merit Award spread in B&W. And in B&W you were doing one of my favorite things: Abandoned farmhouses.

Congratulations, bravo!!! and keep it up.

Best regards,
Logged

PhillyPhotographer
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 334


« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 04:53:15 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: RSL
Chuck,

First a beautiful spread in LensWork followed almost immediately by a Merit Award spread in B&W. And in B&W you were doing one of my favorite things: Abandoned farmhouses.

Congratulations, bravo!!! and keep it up.

Best regards,

I still have no idea which of my photos are in it. LOL. I need someone to scan it.

Congrats Chuck
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 04:56:54 PM by PhillyPhotographer » Logged

RSL
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 6208



WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 05:40:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: PhillyPhotographer
I still have no idea which of my photos are in it. LOL. I need someone to scan it.

Congrats Chuck

Michael,

You're on pages 182-183. They printed "Left Behind" "Septa R8" and "Tough Decision." My other favorite thing: street!

Congrats to you too. Bravo!!! and keep it up.
Logged

PhillyPhotographer
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 334


« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 05:45:36 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: RSL
Michael,

You're on pages 182-183. They printed "Left Behind" "Septa R8" and "Tough Decision." My other favorite thing: street!

Congrats to you too. Bravo!!! and keep it up.

Thanks
Logged

ckimmerle
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 442



WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 10:46:07 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks, Russ. I keep trying to avoid those abandoned farmsteads as that subject matter is pretty cliche, but they're so damned compelling I can't help it. Like Michael, I have no idea yet which photos they chose. Heck, I don't really remember what I entered.

Don't anyone spoil the surprise, though. I like perusing through the magazine first.

As you inferred, Russ, it's been a helluva couple of months. Can't last forever, so I'm gonna relish it while I can.
Logged

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust

Chuck Kimmerle
WWW.CHUCKKIMMERLE.COM
RSL
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 6208



WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: ckimmerle
Thanks, Russ. I keep trying to avoid those abandoned farmsteads as that subject matter is pretty cliche, but they're so damned compelling I can't help it. Like Michael, I have no idea yet which photos they chose. Heck, I don't really remember what I entered.

Don't anyone spoil the surprise, though. I like perusing through the magazine first.

As you inferred, Russ, it's been a helluva couple of months. Can't last forever, so I'm gonna relish it while I can.

Okay. I have the magazine on my lap, turned to the pages with your pics, but I won't tell you which ones they are.

I know. I know. Abandoned farmsteads and dying towns are always cliche bait, but I can't resist either.

I'm dying to see what happens next with B&W. According to the list in the front of the mag I won a Spotlight award. When I saw the name I thought it had to be someone else, and I'm still not sure. In any case, I couldn't remember making a submission to the portfolio contest. But I'm pulling out of my downtown office and moving to a new studio we built next to the house. When I started going through CDs to be moved I found I'd made a submission -- of pictures of people in Taegu during the Korean war. So now I'll wait and see if that name is mine.
Logged

PhillyPhotographer
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 334


« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 12:47:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: RSL
Okay. I have the magazine on my lap, turned to the pages with your pics, but I won't tell you which ones they are.

I know. I know. Abandoned farmsteads and dying towns are always cliche bait, but I can't resist either.

I'm dying to see what happens next with B&W. According to the list in the front of the mag I won a Spotlight award. When I saw the name I thought it had to be someone else, and I'm still not sure. In any case, I couldn't remember making a submission to the portfolio contest. But I'm pulling out of my downtown office and moving to a new studio we built next to the house. When I started going through CDs to be moved I found I'd made a submission -- of pictures of people in Taegu during the Korean war. So now I'll wait and see if that name is mine.


Wow, good luck.
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7910



WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 01:30:22 PM »
ReplyReply

Congratulations, guys!

Me too!

I got an email a while back saying I got a merit award, but I have no idea which of my images might have been selected. I checked the likeliest local newsstand this afternoon and it isn't there yet.

It's kind of fun waiting for the issue to see what's in it. And being in the company of of people like Chuck and Michael (and maybe even Russ) feels mighty good.

Eric

P.S. to Russ: I used my own name on my submission, not yours.  

Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
RSL
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 6208



WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »
ReplyReply

Eric, You're on pages 176 and 177. I won't tell you which photos they printed unless you tell me you want to know. I almost blew it for Chuck who wants to see for himself.

Great textures by the way.

Forgot to mention: I've got an ad in the Exposures section this month... and, Heaven forfend, I used a landscape. It's on the first page of Exposure. No... that one on the right is Cartier-Bresson. (Though I'd be happy if it were mine.)

Chuck, you might want to look at that ad. The picture's from the Hornbeck homestead here in southern Colorado. It includes a root cellar -- in other words, part of a deserted farmstead, and I think I managed to avoid a cliche.
Logged

PhillyPhotographer
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 334


« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 02:42:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Word to the wise Chuck, buy as many issues of your LensWork as possible. I was in issue 78 and it sold out so fast I'm not able to get anymore.
Logged

PhillyPhotographer
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 334


« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »
ReplyReply

Just got my copies !



Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7910



WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 04:34:32 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: PhillyPhotographer
Just got my copies !

 


I hope my issues come soon.

Eric

Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
PhillyPhotographer
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 334


« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 08:05:53 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes
What? No bridges?  


I hope my issues come soon.

Eric

I ordered mine on Monday and was shocked they showed up today.

BTW your photos look good.
Logged

RSL
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 6208



WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 03:44:20 PM »
ReplyReply

As Tweety would say, "I did! I did... I did win a spotlight award." Just got the word from B&W. The portfolio was of photographs from Korea during the war -- not pictures of war but pictures of how people lived there at the time. From recent Korean pictures I've seen, things have changed a lot since 1953.
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7910



WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 10:14:46 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: RSL
As Tweety would say, "I did! I did... I did win a spotlight award." Just got the word from B&W. The portfolio was of photographs from Korea during the war -- not pictures of war but pictures of how people lived there at the time. From recent Korean pictures I've seen, things have changed a lot since 1953.
Hey, great going, Russ!

I just got my first look at the issue today and I am impressed with the quality of much of the work. I also noted your "fineartssnaps" ad is carefully positioned right next to a Cartier-Bresson. Whom did you have to bribe to get that location?  


So, my congratulations to you, and to the also-rans: Chuck kimmerle, Michael Penn, and me.  

Eric

Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
PhillyPhotographer
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 334


« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 10:29:45 AM »
ReplyReply

Issue #80 is out and once again I was a merit winner. I'll have to wait and see what image(s) of mine are in it.

Also I have an interview and portfolio in this months Rangefinder magazine.


PDF here http://www.rangefindermag.com/storage/articles/RF1110_Penn_Quintenz-Fiedler.pdf
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 7910



WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »
ReplyReply

Issue #80 is out and once again I was a merit winner. I'll have to wait and see what image(s) of mine are in it.

Also I have an interview and portfolio in this months Rangefinder magazine.


PDF here http://www.rangefindermag.com/storage/articles/RF1110_Penn_Quintenz-Fiedler.pdf
In #80 it's another nice one. This is the single image special issue.
Russ has another ad. I'm still waiting for his spotlight feature.

Eric
Logged

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
RSL
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 6208



WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 11:21:15 AM »
ReplyReply

Eric, Issue # 81 -- March. It'll probably hit the stands in January.

Michael, Good shooting. I like it.
Logged

PhillyPhotographer
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 334


« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 07:27:17 PM »
ReplyReply

Just got the issue.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13668275@N07/5172941669/#/photos/13668275@N07/5172941669/lightbox/
Logged

theBike45
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 13


« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 06:31:02 PM »
ReplyReply

   I've come to despise black and white photography.  And I doubt that anyone who's
totally colorblind would see any value in their condition, given the opportunity to
compare with normal color sight.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad