Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: LR3 and Soft Proofing  (Read 3254 times)
MBehrens
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 156


« on: June 05, 2010, 11:25:28 AM »
ReplyReply

I was watching this seminar from X-Rite and blurb. Toward the end Joe states in no uncertain terms that LR3 will have a CYMK workflow with soft proofing.
http://xritephoto.com/ph_learning.aspx?act...ventdateid=4432

I understand this is not official and those who know aren't saying and those that are saying don't know... Really all this is saying is they are working on it, as we already know. But it's fun to see these hints.

 - Morey
Logged
digitaldog
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9127



WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 04:55:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: MBehrens
I was watching this seminar from X-Rite and blurb. Toward the end Joe states in no uncertain terms that LR3 will have a CYMK workflow with soft proofing.

He did? I was at the webinar live, I don’t recall that statement. What exactly did he imply?
Logged

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
Photo Op
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 193


« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: MBehrens
I was watching this seminar from X-Rite and blurb. Toward the end Joe states in no uncertain terms that LR3 will have a CYMK workflow with soft proofing.
http://xritephoto.com/ph_learning.aspx?act...ventdateid=4432

I understand this is not official and those who know aren't saying and those that are saying don't know... Really all this is saying is they are working on it, as we already know. But it's fun to see these hints.

 - Morey

We won't have long to wait!

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_p...d=7-10052-10717

Logged

David
Josh-H
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1907



WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 07:52:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Photo Op

cool - Still no mention of Soft Proofing though....

Looks like release is imminent - Terry's quote in the side bar is Lightroom 3 is here! In this episode I'll show you my Top 5 Favorite New Features. Lightroom 3 has lots of new features that I absolutely LOVE, however in this Episode I'll show you my top 5 favorites.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:22:45 PM by Josh-H » Logged

Photo Op
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 193


« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 08:36:24 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Josh-H
cool - Still no mention of Soft Proofing though....

Looks like release is imminent - Terry's quote in the side bar is Lightroom 3 is here! In this episode I'll show you my Top 5 Favorite New Features. Lightroom 3 has lots of new features that I absolutely LOVE, however in this Episode I'll show you my top 5 favorites.

I think the video's been disabled already!  Nope, needed to modify my web settings! Duh.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:51:55 PM by Photo Op » Logged

David
MBehrens
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 156


« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 12:07:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: digitaldog
He did? I was at the webinar live, I don’t recall that statement. What exactly did he imply?
It was near the end...
[attachment=22419:X_Rite_LR3.jpg]
Logged
neil snape
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1432


WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 01:32:11 AM »
ReplyReply

With the 3.0.2 LR Beta CMYK images are definitely accepted for import etc, as well as greyscale and a few more.

I didn't hear or see anything on a CMYK workflow per se, but maybe others have.

I listened in on most of the webinar and must have missed this, or if it is just the screen shot, that everyone who uses Beta 3 should have known.



Logged
Josh-H
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1907



WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 04:35:37 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Photo Op
I think the video's been disabled already!  Nope, needed to modify my web settings! Duh.

It looks like the video has now been removed - Either Adobe is playing funny buggers... or they really are a ship that never stops leaking.....

I did grab a copy of Terry White's sidebar quote before they removed it.

“Lightroom 3 is here! In this episode I’ll show you my Top 5 Favorite New Features. Lightroom 3 has lots of new features that I absolutely LOVE, however in this Episode I’ll show you my top 5 favourites.”

Based on this statement.. you would have to think 3.0 release is imminent...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:43:11 AM by Josh-H » Logged

elied
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 263


« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 04:55:39 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Josh-H
It looks like the video has now been removed - Either Adobe is playing funny buggers... or they really are a ship that never stops leaking.....

They have done this so often, little bits of information apparently mistakenly leaked and then quickly withdrawn, that it's starting to look like a well planned marketing tactic.
Logged

Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams the news
francois
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 6826


« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 05:09:04 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Josh-H
It looks like the video has now been removed - Either Adobe is playing funny buggers... or they really are a ship that never stops leaking.....

I did grab a copy of Terry White's sidebar quote before they removed it.

“Lightroom 3 is here! In this episode I’ll show you my Top 5 Favorite New Features. Lightroom 3 has lots of new features that I absolutely LOVE, however in this Episode I’ll show you my top 5 favourites.”

Based on this statement.. you would have to think 3.0 release is imminent...
I was able to watch it in Google's cache, just a moment ago.

I don't know if the link is still working:  http://tinyurl.com/3x55vqu

Logged

Francois
digitaldog
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9127



WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 10:51:34 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: MBehrens
It was near the end...
[attachment=22419:X_Rite_LR3.jpg]

Nothing about soft proofing however. LR3 supports the ability to place CMYK into the DAM but nothing more.
Logged

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
MBehrens
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 156


« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 12:05:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: digitaldog
Nothing about soft proofing however. LR3 supports the ability to place CMYK into the DAM but nothing more.
You're right. I went back and rewatched. It was in the soft proofing section of the presentation, guess I jumped to this conclusion. OOPS.

Guess we're back to speculation. ;-)
Logged
wolfnowl
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5744



WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 04:58:31 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: francois
I was able to watch it in Google's cache, just a moment ago.

I don't know if the link is still working:  http://tinyurl.com/3x55vqu

The cache link is still up.  I just watched Terry's video, and I'm not sure why Adobe pulled it.  Four of his 'top five' features' are already in LR3 Beta 2, and the one that isn't - lens correction - has already been demonstrated by Tom Hogary in the Lightroom 'Brown Bag' session on Facebook and is in CS5.

Mike.
Logged

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~


My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Tklimek
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 286


« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: wolfnowl
The cache link is still up.  I just watched Terry's video, and I'm not sure why Adobe pulled it.  Four of his 'top five' features' are already in LR3 Beta 2, and the one that isn't - lens correction - has already been demonstrated by Tom Hogary in the Lightroom 'Brown Bag' session on Facebook and is in CS5.

Mike.

This is true...however this copy of Lightroom no longer had the "Beta" moniker on the top of the screen like his other videos.  Doesn't really prove anything....but....anyway I'm sure it will be here soon.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Logged
NikoJorj
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1063


WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 05:37:46 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: wolfnowl
I'm not sure why Adobe pulled it.
If you take the problem backwards, that may explain why they leaked it : great buzz, without any embarassing NDA disclosure (ie still keeping the news fresh for the announcement).
But those who speak don't know...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:38:22 AM by NikoJorj » Logged

Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad