Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Mamiya RB67 + Polaroid = Negative & Print?  (Read 2993 times)
Alan Ruuska
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 4


WWW
« on: June 29, 2010, 08:56:21 PM »
ReplyReply

A friend is offering me his retired Mamiya RB67 outfit at an attractive price. It comes with a Polaroid back. I remember reading that there was a Polaroid instant film that yielded both a negative and a print. Is there a similar film by any manufacturer available today?  Thanks, Alan
Logged
capital
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 118


« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »
ReplyReply

That would be Polaroid Type 665 Positive/Negative, unfortunately that film product is no longer available as a result of Polaroid going out of business.
Logged
capital
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 118


« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:14:22 PM »
ReplyReply

I'll add that FujiFilm still makes some instant film, but this is positive only.
Logged
TMARK
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1841


« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 12:44:08 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: AwRuuska
A friend is offering me his retired Mamiya RB67 outfit at an attractive price. It comes with a Polaroid back. I remember reading that there was a Polaroid instant film that yielded both a negative and a print. Is there a similar film by any manufacturer available today?  Thanks, Alan

Fuji 100c pack film is a neg and a positive, its just not marketed as such.  Dry out the neg side after developing the print, tape the neg to a piece of glass, and use a nylon brush to paint bleach on the base side (not emulsion side).  The black crap will slough off, leaving a clear, thick base that looks a lot like the 4x5 160c base. The bleach clears it.
Logged
Ben Rubinstein
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1733


« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 12:59:25 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: TMARK
Fuji 100c pack film is a neg and a positive, its just not marketed as such.  Dry out the neg side after developing the print, tape the neg to a piece of glass, and use a nylon brush to paint bleach on the base side (not emulsion side).  The black crap will slough off, leaving a clear, thick base that looks a lot like the 4x5 160c base. The bleach clears it.

Now that is interesting! Does it come in 4x5? I'd kill for a T55 replacement..
Logged

TMARK
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1841


« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 10:30:48 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Ben Rubinstein
Now that is interesting! Does it come in 4x5? I'd kill for a T55 replacement..

Dig:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/2783...tant_Color.html
Logged
Zenny
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 22


« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 03:59:33 PM »
ReplyReply

Quote
Fuji 100c pack film is a neg and a positive, its just not marketed as such.  Dry out the neg side after developing the print, tape the neg to a piece of glass, and use a nylon brush to paint bleach on the base side (not emulsion side).  The black crap will slough off, leaving a clear, thick base that looks a lot like the 4x5 160c base. The bleach clears it.

@TMARK. Interesting! I am new to the Mamiya 4x5 stuffs, appreciate if you could be a bit elaborative? I am incurably interested. (darkroom processing is what I left years ago, or maybe I am dumb! ;-) Thanks!

UPDATE: I found this link: http://new55project.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post_6525.html Really comprehensive. Thank you TMARK for hinting the solution and Bob Crowly deserves also thanks for the innovative instructions.

zenny
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 04:19:18 PM by Zenny » Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad