Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: 5D, New Firmware, External Audio  (Read 4357 times)
mike.online

« on: August 02, 2010, 05:45:45 PM »
ReplyReply

Hokay,

So I've been around the web, google and Lula have done me well - I've learned a lot. My next video purchase will be the Zoom H4n I think. However, I'm wondering what the effect of the new audio levels output of the 5dMkII means if we are always syncing the audio up after in post production.

Because of the new firmware that allows levels, does that mean you can get good audio from a mic that is directly inputted into the 5D? Or, should we still use a separate device like the Zoom H4n and live with synch in post? If we are syncing in post all the time, doesn't that make the levels output of the newer firmware kinda useless?

Thanks,
- Mike

Imaginara

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 09:07:13 AM »
ReplyReply

Quote from: mike.online
Hokay,

So I've been around the web, google and Lula have done me well - I've learned a lot. My next video purchase will be the Zoom H4n I think. However, I'm wondering what the effect of the new audio levels output of the 5dMkII means if we are always syncing the audio up after in post production.

Because of the new firmware that allows levels, does that mean you can get good audio from a mic that is directly inputted into the 5D? Or, should we still use a separate device like the Zoom H4n and live with synch in post? If we are syncing in post all the time, doesn't that make the levels output of the newer firmware kinda useless?

Thanks,
- Mike

Well i use a H4N as the main mic preamp, then run a line from the H4N to the mic input on the camera. That way i record synced audio, but with proper level and pre-amp control.

Works a treat =)

mike.online

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 08:55:22 AM »
ReplyReply

Cool! Does the H4n still store on its own memory as well for a second backup ?

RFPhotography
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 06:30:22 AM »
ReplyReply

Hokay,

Thanks,
- Mike

Guessing you mean 5D MkII?
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 08:53:01 AM »
ReplyReply

Guessing you mean 5D MkII?
I hope so. I can't find any way to do movies on my lowly 5D. It won't even make coffee.

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad