Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: new guy  (Read 629 times)
slowisfast

« on: October 05, 2010, 05:19:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Hey all,
I've been a board gazer for a while now and finally decided to register and become part of this community.  There is a wealth of knowledge here that I hope to tap in to.  I'd love critique on some of my images.  (good/bad)  I just want to be the best photographer I can and have never really been part of a photographic community.  I look forward to getting to know and interacting will all of you.  Learning from most while giving guidance to those who are just beginning.  Thank you in advance.  Smiley
Best,
Ian
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 04:03:22 AM by slowisfast » Logged

i'm just a dude.
pegelli

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:11:27 AM »
ReplyReply

Really like 1 and 3, because there's so much more to see than only the picture.

2 and 4 say less to me, technically well executed and not bad shots but somehow the addition of the human figures seems a bit artificial or forced.

pieter, aka pegelli
slowisfast

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 05:15:18 PM »
ReplyReply

....but somehow the addition of the human figures seems a bit artificial or forced.

i appreciate your comment.  i understand what you mean by artificial.  while both were totally natural scenes and not forced in any way, i feel as if shooting someone from behind can come across as a bit contrived.  it's something i'm working on(kinda) it's an easy way to make a photograph(although not necessarily a compelling one)

thanks again!

ian
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:12:21 PM by slowisfast » Logged

i'm just a dude.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad