Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 [76]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 257067 times)
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1500 on: February 26, 2013, 04:39:29 PM »
ReplyReply

we stopped there thirty years ago to get our bearings and consult our map, and the guard instantly upped the piece. We waved and drove off rapidly.

Rob C

Good thing he didn't know where to find the trigger.

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Rob C

« Reply #1501 on: February 27, 2013, 03:55:53 AM »
ReplyReply

Good thing he didn't know where to find the trigger.

The car of the day was a basic, yellow Fiesta Festival, with smallest petrol engine available. I had left the UK with intentions of going back to basics and getting out of the stupid rat-race of car fantasy equated with status etc. etc. and enjoying lfe on a more rational level of existence. So, trying to get the hell out of the guard's sight was never about to turn into a gun-challenging, screeching wheels sort of take-off... maybe he was just bored or fancied the look of my wife's long hair. Mabe trigger training was scheduled for next week?

Anyway, be that as it may, the tiny engine didn't last: after a few airport trips with family coming and going on holiday, the realisation that passing a bus (or even a farm cart) meant taking our lives into my hands, coupled with the arrival of a new model of Fiesta, the XR2, with bags of power for such a small car, soon saw the small, eco-friendly death trap absorbed into that long list of personal mistakes.

Loved the red stripe!  

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:59:15 AM by Rob C » Logged

Chris Sanderson
Administrator

« Reply #1502 on: February 28, 2013, 06:02:53 PM »
ReplyReply

Since this thread is now growing long and we have had problems with overy long threads before (db problem?), I have split this topic off to a new thread

Christopher Sanderson
The Luminous-Landscape
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 [76]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad