Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 76 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 249306 times)
RobbieV

« Reply #1360 on: December 13, 2012, 01:12:52 PM »
ReplyReply

I know we're not supposed to critique, but I like how the bokeh shares the same shapes of the curls of her hair. The colours of each don't fight each other, but work together quite nicely.

I like it, Slobodan
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #1361 on: December 13, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »
ReplyReply

I know we're not supposed to critique...

Thanks Robbie. I think the idea of the thread is not to be totally devoid of any comments, and Rob himself provided plenty of. By "critique-free," I believe Rob meant the absence of what's-wrong and how-to-improve comments, given that we already have a dedicated forum section for it.

EDIT: Found a quote from Rob (highlights mine):

... You'll also note that it's very hard to find any second-guessing from me on any of them, if at all. I do sometimes offer praise, seldom (if ever) condemn; but telling another what he should do or have done is something quite else and I don't like it. That's why I started Without Prejudice in order to provide a space where folks could post a pic without the annoyance of hearing how another would have handled it...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:11:47 PM by Slobodan Blagojevic » Logged

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
RobbieV

« Reply #1362 on: December 13, 2012, 08:45:45 PM »
ReplyReply

Here here!

Thanks for your patience.
John R

« Reply #1363 on: December 16, 2012, 11:02:46 AM »
ReplyReply

Every once in a while I come across places I have been to many times and then see them differently in different light, or in this case, with artificial light. We were on a Xmas lights outing when I spotted these shapes as I looked up. Of course it was the juxtaposition of the striking artificial light-colours that made the shapes stand out. I didn't mind freezing for a few good shots.

JMR

Rob C

« Reply #1364 on: December 16, 2012, 12:02:11 PM »
ReplyReply

Nice graphic, John.

Rob C

kencameron

« Reply #1365 on: December 20, 2012, 03:32:41 AM »
ReplyReply

Is there an entomologist in the house?

Rob C

« Reply #1366 on: December 21, 2012, 06:20:09 AM »
ReplyReply

Entomologist? Nope, but there is a guy here at home who hates dentists.

Early in November I innocently wandered into the boudoir - surgery? - in search of nothing more threatening than a check-up. We ended up making an appointment for the next week during which I was to have three small fillings done.

Strangely, it all turned into a regular, weekly thing with a total of six appointments during which new ‘problems’ were discovered and new drillings made. Oil? Anyway, it’s all over now, as those Stones used to sing. Well, sort of: I went in this morning at 10.30 and it’s now 13.00; my mouth, top lip and whiskers are still numb and I obviously have to nurse my hunger for a few more hours because, otherwise, I’d burn my mouth to bits. But I have learned wisdom (no pun or toothy reference intended), and now realise why dentists can wear M9s where I shall ever be destined for the bandana without hope of crossing over into M9 fashion.

Before leaving the sunny plaça and entering the chamber of horrors I snapped this other poor stone creature; a subconscious portent of things to come, no doubt.

On the bright side, I suppose that within a day or two I shall only remember the moments when I was choking with my own saliva threatening my lungs, but nonetheless felt myself distracted somewhat by the warm tit pressing into my right ear.

We have a date appointment for early next December. I can hardly wait. Right.

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:24:31 AM by Rob C » Logged

Tony Jay

« Reply #1367 on: December 21, 2012, 07:18:09 AM »
ReplyReply

Ouch!

After reading that, Rob, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
(I did laugh, forgive me, but from the perspective of knowing, a little I think, of how you felt.)

Tony Jay
kencameron

« Reply #1368 on: December 21, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »
ReplyReply

... but nonetheless felt myself distracted somewhat by the warm tit pressing into my right ear...

Yes indeed. My last male dentist was around 40 years ago. I guess it wasn't only his lack of a w*** t** that put me off, it was also the fact that I appeared to be his only client and that he seemed old enough to have outlived all the others, if he hadn't killed them off. So I transferred my custom to a charming young Australian dentiste, quite a find in 1970s Southampton. Initially I was anxious that she might not have the strength for extractions but she quickly proved me wrong - a flick of her visually pleasing wrist and out popped my tooth. Since then I have gone in for gender discrimination on the dentist's chair and never regretted it.

Rob C

« Reply #1369 on: December 22, 2012, 11:52:08 AM »
ReplyReply

The wrist would have been wasted on me: I generally keep my eyes tightly closed and my mouth stretched wide in a spirit of true collaboration. My hands, when I think of them, seem to be tightly clenched together in my lap. If I have a constant fear in the chair, other than of drowning, it's that my jaws might clamp permanently open; not sure which fate would be the worst. Possibly a combination of both symptoms?

Next year, if I respond to the telephoned reminder I'm scheduled to get, perhaps my mind will be more focussed on whether the lass needs a new lenscap for that bloody M9 I think I just bought her.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #1370 on: December 22, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »
ReplyReply

Mountain village of Fornalutx, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, on 7th of February, 1992.

You see the benefits of a ledger? You just never know when a date might come in useful.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:22:54 AM by Rob C » Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1371 on: December 22, 2012, 10:14:38 PM »
ReplyReply

But where's the model, Rob?

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Rob C

« Reply #1372 on: December 23, 2012, 03:07:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Right there: in front of the support for the Bus Stop sign! Okay, she's one of those super-thin ones, but surely you can still make her out? What do you want for ten thousand bucks? Substance? Settle for Magic!

Rob C

armand

« Reply #1373 on: December 23, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
ReplyReply

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #1374 on: December 23, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »
ReplyReply

Ken, your insects are from the Phyrrhocoridae family, species Canaeus carnifex, commonly called "cotton stainer" bugs, due to them being a pest of cotton plantations. They naturally feed on wild hibuscus shrubs. I'm no entomologist though.
Rob C

« Reply #1375 on: December 23, 2012, 04:39:16 PM »
ReplyReply

Just because it's nearly Christmas, Eric, and I'm afloat on the spirit of goodwill, I decided to quench your disappointment at the ultra thin model in the Bus Stop picture and provide you with one with slightly more substance. I did say slightly, so lets not get carried away on a battle of semantics over this.

Kodachrome 64 Pro, scanned on a CanoScan and sweated over for hours and hours. I scanned this mother before and gave up, but this time, I just had to go through with it. That there was nothing else better to do might have had something to do with it.

The girl? Suzi G, who also starred in Patrick Lichfield's 1982 epic calendar for Unipart, in Sicily. Not being a belted earl myself, I found it more convenient to allow him the pleasure of testing my girls first. He was seldom wrong, fortunately for us both.

She might look a little wappit, but to be fair, she hadn't long fainted right off a rock due to the extremely high humidity, and had I not had the reflexes of a snake (my commission was at stake) and managed to catch her, at grave risk of a hernia to myself, we'd have had no product and you no almost-Christmas-Eve picture to observe. The things I do for others.

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:24:52 AM by Rob C » Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1376 on: December 23, 2012, 08:25:06 PM »
ReplyReply

Thank you for that, Rob. You have rightfully regained your place as photographer/philosopher hero.
A very merry holiday to you!

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
WalterEG

« Reply #1377 on: December 25, 2012, 01:02:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Could Christo have been at work at Christmas in this necropolis?

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:37:18 PM by WalterEG » Logged
Rob C

« Reply #1378 on: December 25, 2012, 01:59:29 PM »
ReplyReply

Walter, are you playing with a Fuji?

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #1379 on: December 25, 2012, 05:24:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Walter, are you playing with a Fuji?

Yes indeedy!

Cheers,