Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 251859 times)
Rob C

« Reply #1480 on: February 22, 2013, 08:43:13 AM »
ReplyReply

This is where thinking about Life gets one.

Imagine having to work with these mothers too!

Rob C

amolitor

« Reply #1481 on: February 22, 2013, 08:50:20 AM »
ReplyReply

That's one crazy piece of art there, Rob. I kind of like it, but there's no way I'd have it in my home!

- Andrew

My awesome blog about photography: http://photothunk.blogspot.com
Rob C

« Reply #1482 on: February 22, 2013, 09:25:41 AM »
ReplyReply

That's one crazy piece of art there, Rob. I kind of like it, but there's no way I'd have it in my home!

And there, in reality, lies a problem. I've known the artist for several years, but other than grasping that his name is Juan, I can't ever remember the surname. He often lunches at my alternative restaurant where I think he does the early Colombe d'Or (St-Paul de Vence) routine. I have repeatedly been offered sculptures gratis, and the problem is two-fold: they wouldn't suit (or probably even fit!) my apartment and there's no way I'd donate anything to the Community here, so the garden area's out of contention; thiirty years ago, yes, but today - not a chance! Different types of people, mostly.

It's really a shame: he makes beautiful stuff from junk: broken tiles, bits of window ledge etc. and he is very fond of Polynesian styles and phallic symbolism; quite remarkable in stone!

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:47:04 PM by Rob C » Logged

Bruce Cox

« Reply #1483 on: February 22, 2013, 10:20:04 AM »
ReplyReply

And there, in reality, lies a problem. I've known the artist for several years, but other than grasping that his name is Juan, I can't ever remember the surname. He often lunches at my alternative restaurant where I think he does the early Colombe d'Or (St-Paul de Vence) routine. I have repeatedly been offered sculptures gratis, and the probelm is two-fold: they wouldn't suit (or probably even fit!) my apartment and there's no way I'd donate anything to the Community here, so the garden area's out of contention; thiirty years ago, yes, but today - not a chance! Different types of people, mostly.

It's really a shame: he makes beautiful stuff from junk: broken tiles, bits of window ledge etc. and he is very fond of Polynesian styles and phallic symbolism; quite remarkable in stone!

Rob C

He may not be as good a photographer as you are.  I don't know what a better portfolio of photos of his work would do for him or you, but...

Bruce
Rob C

« Reply #1484 on: February 22, 2013, 01:54:19 PM »
ReplyReply

He may not be as good a photographer as you are.  I don't know what a better portfolio of photos of his work would do for him or you, but...

Bruce

Neither do I, Bruce, but your quotation of my post revealed the effects of another of my dyslexic finger's tricks, my neologism: probelm!

Yes, there are times when things could be done to help others, but nothing's ever as simple as that. The relationship complications would stretch way out of my comfort zone, and I've no intentions of going there, trust me!

Rob C

armand

« Reply #1485 on: February 22, 2013, 04:36:40 PM »
ReplyReply

reflections
nemo295
« Reply #1486 on: February 22, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »
ReplyReply

North District Operations Center, Point Reyes
armand

« Reply #1487 on: February 22, 2013, 08:03:56 PM »
ReplyReply

Photographer
Chris Calohan

Editing Allowed

« Reply #1488 on: February 22, 2013, 10:55:53 PM »
ReplyReply

Using a lee GND filter setup.

What! Me Worry?

Life is about a little kid driving a Mini...
John R

« Reply #1489 on: February 24, 2013, 06:57:54 PM »
ReplyReply

I was able to go back to the Badlands, really a small area North of Toronto that looks somewhat like Badlands. My tripod did some creeping and some images were soft, so I got a little creative. The biggest problem is trying to avoid footprints!!

JMR (John R)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:05:37 PM by John R » Logged
Rob C

« Reply #1490 on: February 25, 2013, 09:17:58 AM »
ReplyReply

This, I may say, was shot at great personal risk: not from unhappy people but from frostbite!

Snow on the mountains above 300 metres... sheeesh! Or swish, if that's your thing.

This is somebody else's thing.

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #1491 on: February 25, 2013, 09:24:15 AM »
ReplyReply

Rhe usual excellence from you John R.  Most rewarding!
francois

« Reply #1492 on: February 25, 2013, 10:34:57 AM »
ReplyReply

reflections

Or aliens?

Francois
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #1493 on: February 25, 2013, 10:52:17 AM »
ReplyReply

Rhe usual excellence from you John R.  Most rewarding!
+1.

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
John R

« Reply #1494 on: February 25, 2013, 05:19:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Thank you for the comments and your interest, Rob, Francois, Eric and Walter. Rob's comments certainly made me laugh. Really, the area is more like a large gully in a park. Nothing as dramatic or exotic as a swish in the mountains! Had I been facing the mountains without, at least snow shoes, I think I would be taking a swig in the mountains!

JMR
Chairman Bill

« Reply #1495 on: February 25, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »
ReplyReply

The East Lyn, Devon

David Eckels

Paris sidewalk cafe

« Reply #1496 on: February 25, 2013, 09:49:58 PM »
ReplyReply

The East Lyn, Devon

Lovely. Much to emulate. Not a critique, but the best I could do.

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #1497 on: February 26, 2013, 07:30:09 AM »
ReplyReply

I was able to go back to the Badlands, really a small area North of Toronto that looks somewhat like Badlands. My tripod did some creeping and some images were soft, so I got a little creative. The biggest problem is trying to avoid footprints!!

JMR (John R)

Lovely John..
Chris Calohan

Editing Allowed

« Reply #1498 on: February 26, 2013, 08:02:05 AM »
ReplyReply

The East Lyn, Devon

This is where I think the slow flow of water works best and even this flow could have a bit more shutter or a two shot shutter priority and paint back in some of the detail around the rocks. Paolo showed some shoreline shots where I find the use of extended shutter times not nearly as exciting but I honestly think because I've come to like one in a series, but not all in a series. Personal taste.

One this shot, I'd like to see the tops of the trees, upper right a bit less "hot."

What! Me Worry?

Life is about a little kid driving a Mini...
Rob C

« Reply #1499 on: February 26, 2013, 09:08:26 AM »
ReplyReply

Just to show that sunny Mallorca is as bloody cold and damp as anywhere else in winter, here's yesterday's view from the penthouse; the snow-capped mountain sits just behind Pollensa town and is called Tomir; the further away one with the flattish top (just cloud cover) is Puig Major, higher than anything in Britain at 1445 metres. It used to house an early-warning system along with air traffic control...  not sure what it does now. It freezes every winter; hate to have to drive the track up there to service the radar.

There's a road starts at the base (already high up) within a military complex with machine gun guard at the gate; we stopped there thirty years ago to get our bearings and consult our map, and the guard instantly upped the piece. We waved and drove off rapidly.

Rob C

Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad