Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Help Please: convert to dng option greyed out  (Read 3871 times)
Bryan Conner

« on: November 22, 2010, 12:27:18 PM »
ReplyReply

I have two problems that are new as of today.  When I insert a CF card into my card reader, the Photo downloader associated with CS3 does not open.  Nothing at all happens.  I can access the card with no problem in Bridge or Photoshop.  The Photo downloader works if I prompt it manually, just not automatically.  Second problem:  When I do open the Photo downloader, the option to convert to dng is greyed out.  I can save as a dng from camera raw with no problem.  

The only thing that I changed in the computer today (windows xp) was that I installed Nikon Transfer, which came with a Nikon Point and shoot that we have.  I have now uninstalled that program.  I did not know what it was until after I had installed it.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:57:54 PM by Bryan Conner » Logged

Bryan Conner

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 12:00:06 AM »
ReplyReply

After a good nights rest, I attacked the problems again this morning.  I have solved the problem of Bridge not automatically opening the Photo Downloader when a card was inserted into the card reader.  The auto play settings for the card reader were reconfigured somehow.

I still have the dng problem in the Photo Downloader.  The option to convert to dng is still greyed out in the downloader.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bryan Conner

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 12:36:40 PM »
ReplyReply

I still have the dng problem in the Photo Downloader.  The option to convert to dng is still greyed out in the downloader.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

davidewers

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 03:47:12 AM »
ReplyReply

Have you taken this question to the Adobe forums? They have some of the best help out there
Bryan Conner

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »
ReplyReply

No, I have not done that.  I will though.  thanks for the idea.

Bryan Conner

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 10:32:15 AM »
ReplyReply

the problem has been solved.  Even though my version of Bridge was the latest for CS3 and the option to update from within Bridge was not available, I downloaded the last update and installed it.  Convert to dng is now available in the Photo Downloader.

gamezway

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 12:24:44 AM »
ReplyReply

sounds great .

ps3 break,
R4 CARD buy on gamezway.com
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad