Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Printing RAW  (Read 4466 times)
Bret M.

« on: January 08, 2011, 09:39:33 AM »
ReplyReply

A question about printing. When printing RAW files, my photos tend to come out too yellow. If I print photos shot in JPEG, instead of RAW, they print fine. Is it better to convert the photos from RAW before printing or should I try to change the print driver?

Thanks.
Paul Sumi

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 09:55:23 AM »
ReplyReply

I'm not clear exactly what you are doing.  Could use some more information in order to help.  With what application are you using to print RAW files?

Paul

EduPerez

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 01:47:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Are you trying to print the RAW files directly? The whole point of using RAW is to process (edit / tweak / ...) your photographs before you use (print / display / ...) them; if you do not want to spend time processing the files, shot JPEG instead.

alanscape

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:16:21 AM »
ReplyReply

A raw file is a raw (uncooked) file... a digital negative. A RAW file dosen't exist, it's not an acronym like JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group), aside from
that, why use a raw file and not edit? That's why there are raw files, so set the white balance correctly and get rid of the colour cast.
Slobodan Blagojevic

When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 12:37:26 PM »
ReplyReply

We would need some additional info in order to understand what you are saying: which program are you using to print RAW, and are you talking about JPEGs simultaneously created with RAW?

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
Iliah

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 08:06:35 PM »
ReplyReply

> A raw file is a raw (uncooked) file... a digital negative.

Raw is a positive latent image.
ErikKaffehr

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 03:47:47 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

How do you print?

Best regards
Erik

A question about printing. When printing RAW files, my photos tend to come out too yellow. If I print photos shot in JPEG, instead of RAW, they print fine. Is it better to convert the photos from RAW before printing or should I try to change the print driver?

Thanks.

alanscape

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 06:01:30 AM »
ReplyReply

Ok, OK, OK....... this is an amateur forum, I was attempting to be colloquial to enable those who didn't understand the difference between E6 and the M6.

I'll stick to my job as a Photographer and avoid posting any more 'help'..... thanks for helping me avoid wasting any more time.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad