Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Swiss mountain pond (Colour)  (Read 1090 times)
ScottWylie

« on: February 23, 2011, 11:14:40 AM »
ReplyReply

I'd appreciate any comments on this image, I took it a few years ago up in the Swiss mountains in summer, right on the border with Italy near the St Bernard Pass. I can't be sure if it was in Switzerland or Italy if I'm honest. perhaps the little row of stepping stones marks the border... Smiley

I tried a B&W conversion but I prefer it in colour.

Thanks!

Untitled by scotbot, on Flickr

Josh-H

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:00:07 PM »
ReplyReply

Is a very pleasant mountain scene that unfortunately suffers from banal light. Looks like it was taken during the middle of the day or close to it.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 05:23:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Looks like an area I'd like to revisit in defining light, agreed...

A common woman...

www.patriciasheley.com
francois

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:02:04 AM »
ReplyReply

I agree with Josh and Patricia, everything is in place for a beautiful photo but the light isn't there… Try to return and while you wait for the light, play with the rescue dogs.  Cool

Francois
ScottWylie

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 05:40:20 AM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for the comments, I think it must have been around midday. I'll be up there again (on honeymoon) this summer, I really like the scene so I'll try early morning or late evening depending on the direction of the sun.

Lisa Nikodym

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 11:57:22 AM »
ReplyReply

Heck, I think the light looks fine.  It's a beautiful place.  However, I'd crop about 20% off the top and about 10-15% off the left side, which IMO don't add anything, to make the distant mountains a larger part of the composition.

Lisa

popnfresh
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 12:19:40 PM »
ReplyReply

Heck, I think the light looks fine.  It's a beautiful place.  However, I'd crop about 20% off the top and about 10-15% off the left side, which IMO don't add anything, to make the distant mountains a larger part of the composition.

Lisa

Where's Russ? Did he miss his cue?
Bruce Cox

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 02:01:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Heck, I think the light looks fine.  It's a beautiful place.  However, I'd crop about 20% off the top and about 10-15% off the left side, which IMO don't add anything, to make the distant mountains a larger part of the composition.

Lisa

Fallowing your instructions: the diagonals of the stepping stones and the shadows of the distant clouds seem to resonate more and I think the reflections works better when things are narrower.  On the other hand more definition across the terrane...  Bruce
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 02:07:10 PM by Bruce Cox » Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad