Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Flash or Continuous lighting  (Read 2536 times)
stuartkeith

« on: March 08, 2011, 11:09:42 AM »
ReplyReply

What do you prefer? Im thinking of one of these starter kits around 200 but not sure weather to go for flash kit or continous lighting?

Want to use in home for portraits etc.

Thanks
David Watson

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:54:16 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi

IMO the only continuous lighting that really works is HDMI (daylight balanced lighting) and that is really expensive.  I have tried the new LED micro lights but they are just not powerful enough.  With a limited budget I would using a camera manufacturers flash gun and various forms of inexpensive light modifiers - on the flash gun, reflectors and so on.  I would also be using a ix of daylight and flash where practicable.

David

David Watson ARPS
alain

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 04:39:56 PM »
ReplyReply

What do you prefer? Im thinking of one of these starter kits around 200 but not sure weather to go for flash kit or continous lighting?

Want to use in home for portraits etc.

Thanks
For portraits flash.

Consider spendig more to get a better flash kit.  You normally don't need much power, but quality.
scrinch

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 06:56:13 AM »
ReplyReply

Just a thought out of the box....(flash, vs continuous)

I have used a KD , Easy UP Canopies (quick set up event canopies)  for natural light portraits with great success.  They can be purchased here in the states cheaply...(about  $150.00)  and in the off times can work for a lawn party cover.  or an event canopy if you do outside sidewalk art shows.

Brian Carey

Brian Carey

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 11:12:23 AM »
ReplyReply

What type of photography do you want to do?
In almost cases I think flash is the way to go. Certainly for portability, is easier to control and it doesn't cause a heat problem.

"Each day provides its own gifts" - Marcus Aurelius

My Website - My Blog - Flickr
Arteee

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 04:39:46 PM »
ReplyReply

I have the same question.
ARRI quartz lights are expensive.....very, not to mention the HDMI type and their ballasts.
I want to be able to photograph flat artwork, like wall paintings over 4'x4' size....as well as pano interior rooms (for home sales).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:41:35 PM by Arteee » Logged
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad