I am interested in selling my silver Contax G2 rangefinder with three Zeiss lenses. This kit has served me well over the years — from Botswana to Burma and back again — but I have to face facts: I've gone digital for good.
If you are interested in the following, please let me know.
- Contax G2 Body with original packaging and manuals.
- 21mm f/2.8 Biogon T* Zeiss lens with viewfinder attachment (mounts in hotshoe) in original leather lens box.
- 28mm f/2.8 Biogon T* Zeiss lens. Comes in a leather Contax pouch.
- 90mm f/2.8 Sonnar T* Zeiss lens with Contax CG-3 lens hood. Both in original packaging.
- All lenses come with Contax brand low-dispersion UV filters.
The body shows a few cosmetic-only abrasions you would expect from it having served as my daily shooter for several years but works flawlessly. The viewfinder attachment for the 21mm has a small ding on the top but is also perfectly functional. The camera has fresh batteries after having spent the last 2 years in storage in a cool, dry place. While I have not had it serviced professionally recently, I have just shot a test roll and it seems to be up to its well-proven tack-sharp tricks.
Examples of images shot with this set up:http://www.flickr.com/photos/escobosa/3102331232http://www.flickr.com/photos/escobosa/2009376http://www.flickr.com/photos/escobosa/30843734http://www.flickr.com/photos/escobosa/30844861http://www.flickr.com/photos/escobosa/30844971
I am asking $1725 for everything together.