Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Moonset  (Read 2016 times)
Patricia Sheley

« on: March 19, 2011, 04:06:53 PM »
ReplyReply

This morning...

A common woman...

www.patriciasheley.com
wolfnowl

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 04:55:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Nicely done!

OT, but tonight (March 19) the full moon will be 31,000 miles closer, 14% larger and 30% brighter than usual - the brightest in 20 years!

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »
ReplyReply

That's a fantastic Halloween photo, Patrica! Stunning!

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
alainbriot

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 07:49:49 PM »
ReplyReply

Very nice and eerie.  Looks like a 3' exposure given the star trails visible through the branches.  I like it.  The branches didn't move one bit!

Alain Briot
Author of Mastering Landscape Photography, Mastering Composition, Creativity and Personal Style., Marketing Fine Art Photography and How Photographs are Sold.
http://www.beautiful-landscape.com
sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:52:59 PM »
ReplyReply

Really nice. Last night I was wondering how to use this moon in a wide-angle landscape when it ends up looking so tiny. Now I know.
Scott.

Christoph C. Feldhaim

There is no rule! No - wait ...

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 02:21:29 AM »
ReplyReply

That's a fantastic Halloween photo, Patrica! Stunning!

Eric

Yup - The first thing I asked myself was: Where is Nosferatu hidden in the picture?
I like the subdued color in the image very much.

John R Smith

Still crazy, after all these years

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 01:00:14 PM »
ReplyReply

You're back on your Gothick thing again, Patricia. I am expecting Vincent Price to enter, stage left  Wink

Seriously, it's very nice.

John

Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
and a case full of (very old) lenses and other bits
RSL

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 01:37:05 PM »
ReplyReply

+1. Very spooky, Patricia. H.P. Lovecraft probably is lurking around the corner.

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 05:42:41 PM »
ReplyReply

Thankyou for the input...I'm discovering more and more that there is an undercurrent of which I have been blissfully unaware when I am enjoying lowlight shooting...the eery , spookiness aka Vincent Price is completely off my radar when I am in this mode... the three hour periods of the past three nights limiting myself to the one wide, were accompanied in my mind by the rich dissonances of seven string bass viol playing in my head...the first night was somewhat balmy after the winter's severity but fronts quickly moved in and returned the reality of winter not leaving yet...these nights have produced a pleasant series of similar mood and although the color versions carry some interesting surprises, especially in the 3' + exposures, I am finding working the almost B&W versions more satisfying... Your comments provide another window as I process...

Having discovered some sensor cleaning necessary, I will be changinging up to a long lens with the intention of staying low over the next week or so (not ISO/ rather position..) It is remarkable to me how much your generosity has enlivened my resolve to stay out there doing what I love most... I thank you all.

PS The works of Sainte-Colombe and Marin Marais for the seventh string added (low A) bass viol to the D-G-C-E-A-D is what I feel as these snaps appear, and allow themselves to flow in PP. Thank you. I'll make a strong effort to not ask too often for your thoughts, but please be assured, they have greatly contributed to my learning curve. And if ever there was an almost frightening serendipity to all this, the prints are coming along beautifully too...I only have the 2880 but it is still performing beautifully, and fortunately have a trusted printer for work of larger dimension.
Thanks again... p.

A common woman...

www.patriciasheley.com
Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 11:05:16 PM »
ReplyReply

Now I need to go back and look at the image again, with Marais on the 7-string gamba running through my head!

Thanks, Patricia.

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
Jason Denning

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 12:56:56 AM »
ReplyReply

It was very nice and bright, sometimes more powerful than my headlights, rather than shoot the "super moon"itself I decided to shoot the landscape it lit up on a rare clear day in BC

www.jasondenning.co.uk

Fotoman 617 with Rodenstock 55mm, 90mm and 180mm lenses
Mamiya 645 Pro TL, and every lens mamiya made.
Sony A7 with 35mm and 55mm Primes
Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 01:43:17 PM »
ReplyReply

Patricia, I love the way you "feel" the music behind your scenes. Strange how a certain piece just attaches itself to our own photographic exploits..albeit private and personal, that few understand, but are still nonetheless meaningfull to ourselves.

I took a photograph of "my river" three years ago- during a rather bad time for me- and when I was busy with PP, Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge's song " For the good times" was all I could think of, due to reasons only known to me.

My wafflings aside- I like the mood of your photo very much.   

Rob C

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 03:28:29 PM »
ReplyReply

It was very nice and bright, sometimes more powerful than my headlights, rather than shoot the "super moon"itself I decided to shoot the landscape it lit up on a rare clear day in BC

Orion did well! We called it Susan's Hook for personal reasons into which I shan't drag you. I distinctly remember seeing it in the sky in Sardinia one September. It often shows here in the Balearics, but I'm darned if I can remember when. Thank goodness I don't have to navigate beyond the street these days.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 03:31:32 PM »
ReplyReply

Patricia, I love the way you "feel" the music behind your scenes. Strange how a certain piece just attaches itself to our own photographic exploits..albeit private and personal, that few understand, but are still nonetheless meaningfull to ourselves.

I took a photograph of "my river" three years ago- during a rather bad time for me- and when I was busy with PP, Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge's song " For the good times" was all I could think of, due to reasons only known to me.

My wafflings aside- I like the mood of your photo very much.   

I love music; I hate music. It haunts and won't let go. It turns the screw every time. Never have an 'our' song.

Rob C

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad