Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: My first salt prints!  (Read 10474 times)
neile

« on: March 20, 2011, 06:43:35 PM »
ReplyReply

The exploration of alternative processes continues Smiley This weekend, with the assistance of my friend David, I tried salt printing. Here's the one image that worked well:

Details, plus a second image, are in my blog entry: http://www.danecreekfolios.com/blog/2011/3/20/my-first-salt-prints.html.

Alt process is fun Cheesy

Neil

Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!
wolfnowl

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 01:01:01 AM »
ReplyReply

Looks intriguing...

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
Patricia Sheley

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 06:13:41 PM »
ReplyReply

I have a portfolio of Japanese salt prints (circa 1890's early 1900's) / reproductions but very beautiful... they are full color... as opposed to your single hue...is this method you are using an initial phase of a full color work? I need to do some studying...

A common woman...

www.patriciasheley.com
neile

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 11:13:48 PM »
ReplyReply

I've never seen anything about how to do full-colour salt prints. The tones you see in the scans are the final colours. You can vary the tones by altering the type of salts used and by toning after the fact. The blue image on my website was toned for 4 minutes in gold toner.

If I had to guess I'd say your reproductions were coloured somehow after the fact.

Neil

Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad