Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 »   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: New X-Rite i1Profiler software available now  (Read 37178 times)
Czornyj

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 02:08:56 AM »
ReplyReply

It's a heap of confusion. Too bad these guys have a monopoly on this business.
They don't - you even use one of basICColor products. And the existance of ArgyllCMS shouldn't also be ignored.

digitaldog

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 10:04:10 AM »
ReplyReply

True, unless Apple decides to leave Rosetta as part of the OS.

That’s my understanding (no Rosetta). That could be a major issue for many of us.

Andrew Rodney
Author “Color Management for Photographers”
http://digitaldog.net/
Doyle Yoder

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »
ReplyReply

There will be a lot of apps that won't work with 10.7. If you want to check what PowerPC apps you have, go to About This Mac/More Info/Software/Application under the Kind column.
rickhatCHROMiX

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 11:41:02 AM »
ReplyReply

Overview of the Activation/Registration process within i1Profiler:

1. Purchase UPGRADE A or B from an X-Rite reseller. You will receive an UPGRADE CODE inside the software box or sent via email.
2. Connect your PMv5 or Monaco HASP dongle or your i1Pro
3. Enter the Upgrade Code
4. Enter your email address
5. Enter Registration information (optional)

The Activate button will appear when everything is complete. There is a manual process as well for those eligible for Free upgrade immediately. See next post.

Screen capture attached.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:00:54 PM by rickhatCHROMiX » Logged
rickhatCHROMiX

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »
ReplyReply

If you are eligible for a Free upgrade (you bought PMv5, MP, i1Match product after April 1st, 2010 AND Registered the product), then you may be able to acquire an Activation Code immediately.

Although its hard to read the light gray text on darker gray back ground, I've attached a screen capture within i1Profiler's Manual Activation screen that has X-Rites phone numbers to call for an Activation Code. I've had some customers report of getting a code back within an hour. Good luck!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:01:24 PM by rickhatCHROMiX » Logged
stretchdcanvas
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
ReplyReply

10.6 didn't include the PPC.
They (and the software) still work just fine though.
digitaldog

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »
ReplyReply

10.6 didn't include the PPC.
They (and the software) still work just fine though.

But it could access Rosetta which 10.7 will not.

Andrew Rodney
na goodman

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 05:30:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Right. Unless Apple decides to make a change and leave Rosetta in 10.7.
digitaldog

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 05:42:29 PM »
ReplyReply

Right. Unless Apple decides to make a change and leave Rosetta in 10.7.

I sure hope they do, or someone comes up with a solution. From the readings I’ve seen recently (one yesterday suggesting we might see 10.7 early), nothing to indicate this will happen.

Sorry to go OT, but in the context of this thread, moving to 10.7 without the ability to use MeasureTool and occasionally ProfileEditor would be a burden. I guess a dual-boot?

Andrew Rodney
Mark D Segal
Contributor

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
ReplyReply

My understanding is that Rosetta will be gone with 10.7

Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....." http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/film/scanning_workflows_with_silverfast_8.shtml
Mark D Segal
Contributor

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
ReplyReply

They don't - you even use one of basICColor products. And the existance of ArgyllCMS shouldn't also be ignored.

BasicColor is fine for displays. Argyll  - no time for arcane applications with non-intuitive UI.

Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....." http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/film/scanning_workflows_with_silverfast_8.shtml
MHMG

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 08:29:40 PM »
ReplyReply

And so, for any of you beta testers now freed from the NDA shackles, any new flavors of perceptual rendering to write home about? Or is PM5 classic, chroma, and/or colorful still competitive perceptual rendering algorithms compared to what you are seeing with the new Xrite package?  Digressing a little, is it just me or does Xrite have some of the most convoluted marketing methods in the entire world? I can never figure out what goes with what package, what upgrade path I'm eligible for, etc. etc. And they sure are shy about telling us the price!!!

cheers,
Mark
Mark D Segal
Contributor

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 08:37:13 PM »
ReplyReply

And so, for any of you beta testers now freed from the NDA shackles, any new flavors of perceptual rendering to write home about? Or is PM5 classic, chroma, and/or colorful still competitive perceptual rendering algorithms compared to what you are seeing with the new Xrite package?  Digressing a little, is it just me or does Xrite have some of the most convoluted marketing methods in the entire world? I can never figure out what goes with what package, what upgrade path I'm eligible for, etc. etc. And they sure are shy about telling us the price!!!

cheers,
Mark

No, of course it's not just you. They're hopeless. Just a gawdawful mess.

digitaldog

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »
ReplyReply

And so, for any of you beta testers now freed from the NDA shackles, any new flavors of perceptual rendering to write home about?

None are yet free from NDA shackles. Your questions will soon be addressed but not until the embargo is officially up.

Andrew Rodney
aaronchan

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 11:33:38 PM »
ReplyReply

Can someone please tell me how to find the "Upgrade Code"?
I bought my i1pro with PM5 last August and I've registor the product via their website already.
But I haven't received the upgrade code yet.
does anyone know why?

thanks
aaron
ToniF

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 02:30:28 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi aaronchan

After you install the software you go to the licensing-page (in the software) and you find all the contacts under the tab 'manual activation'.
I contacted the x-rite contact for my region by mail and got an activation code within an hour.

Hope this helps,

Toni
Czornyj

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 03:41:33 AM »
ReplyReply

BasicColor is fine for displays.

basICColor display is fine for displays. But there's also a lot of printer/scanner/camera profiling tools in their offer (14 trial licence key is available for each of them, as usual)

Scott Martin

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 06:39:53 AM »
ReplyReply

The official release date is April 6th. You can't order, upgrade, and NDAers can't talk until then. Don't expect anything of substance until then. See you on the 6th!

MHMG

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011, 06:55:34 AM »
ReplyReply

The official release date is April 6th. You can't order, upgrade, and NDAers can't talk until then. Don't expect anything of substance until then. See you on the 6th!

Oh, my mistake. I guess all these new posts I'm seeing on various forums heralding "i! profiler software available now" are just pump priming. It's really not available yet. Thanks for the clarification.
BartvanderWolf

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 07:24:42 AM »
ReplyReply

Oh, my mistake. I guess all these new posts I'm seeing on various forums heralding "i! profiler software available now" are just pump priming. It's really not available yet. Thanks for the clarification.

The software is available, can be installed, and can be run, you just can't unlock it's specific functionality without purchasing a licence code. So it's not fully functional, yet.

Cheers,
Bart
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 »   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad