Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: 2 of the 3 'must have plugins'  (Read 3109 times)
« on: May 17, 2005, 07:11:13 AM »
ReplyReply

Of course I only use Noise Ninja when needed. But if it is, I use it first. It tends to reduce detail and therefore you may want to add a bit more sharpening than usual.

I do Input Sharpening right away. This is basicly a mechanical step, with the only decision being which level to use.

If I've used NN, then I'll apply a bit of creative sharpening, but otherwise usually not. What type to use is a highly personal decision and also one based very much on the particular image one is working on.

Then, after all the editing is done I save the image.

When I want to print, I load the saved file and apply whatever level of Output Sharpening the file needs, based on the print size and paper used.

Michael
boku

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 07:45:22 PM »
ReplyReply

While we're on the subject...

I've stopped using Noise Ninja and reverted back to my old standby Neat Image. Here's my problem...

I can't get NN to automatically select the correct profile based on the image parameters. It stays on ISO 100, 20D regardless of the fact that I shot a particular image at ISO 800. My file metadata is all there - I checked.

Any ideas? Am I doing somehting wrong?

Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...
Play it Straight and Play it True, my Brother.
61Dynamic

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 10:01:19 PM »
ReplyReply

Boku, I had the same happen to me once but that was due to the fact that I tried to install the profiles without installing them through the plugin. Once I installed the profiles through the plugin all was well agian.
Giedo

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 05:46:49 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi,
I just purchased noise ninja and photokit sharpener and ofcourse I want to make the most out of these powerful tools when using photoshop.
I was used doing noise reduction first and sharpening later, but now there are 2 or 3 stages in which to sharpen: capture sharpening, creative sharpening and output sharpening.
What is the best sequence for digital workflow considering the use of these tools?

regards, Giedo

Giedo
Jonathan Wienke

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 01:16:33 PM »
ReplyReply

My preference is to (if necessary) do noise reduction first, and then sharpen. I use Focus Magic in lieu of capture sharpening (radius 2, 100% or so does wonders on a 1Ds image) and then use my Sharpening Actions for creative/output sharpening. But that's my personal sharpening preference, Photokit is very good as well. But definitely deal with noise first, then sharpen.

Giedo

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 01:47:26 AM »
ReplyReply

thanks Michael, Jonathan, Bob for your replies. This will save me a lot of trial and error!
Bob, I did have the same problem, but I managed to get an autoprofile based on camera exif-data. The only problem is that now I don't know how I managed the software to do that... I'll try to find out, but maybe someone else here can give you a more adequate response.

Giedo

Giedo
boku

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 06:44:07 AM »
ReplyReply

Boku, I had the same happen to me once but that was due to the fact that I tried to install the profiles without installing them through the plugin. Once I installed the profiles through the plugin all was well agian.
Thanks, I'll try that tonight.

Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...
Play it Straight and Play it True, my Brother.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad