Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Sucked into shooting a wedding  (Read 7447 times)
louoates

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 03:53:39 PM »
ReplyReply

I agree requiring a contract for a family wedding may be considered tacky. But it is worse than tacky to ask a family member to do such an important task for free. Whoever asked for this favor clearly didn't have the photographer's interests as a guest in mind. It means, essentially, that the photographer be dis-invited as a wedding guest and employed for the event much like a bus boy or parking valet -- except for no pay.  There is no way to enjoy the festivities and company of family when saddled with so many responsibilities.

Besides, I doubt this contract issue would come up. Anybody with enough courage to ask for a contract from a close relative would have enough courage to decline the "opportunity" in the first place.

feppe

Oh this shows up in here!

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
ReplyReply

This is for family. Demanding a contract seems incredibly ill-advised especially as, I am sure, the OP's parents played a large part in getting the OP to actually agree.

Many of us have been in the same boat. Family pressure can be a very powerful force. Learn from this experience and, the next time you're asked, you'll be better prepared for polite but forceful refusal.

I assume this is in the US, so asking for a contract in family affairs is not so far-fetched if TV is to be believed Tongue

ckimmerle

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 09:54:32 AM »
ReplyReply

Anybody with enough courage to ask for a contract from a close relative would have enough courage to decline the "opportunity" in the first place.

Well played.

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust

Chuck Kimmerle
WWW.CHUCKKIMMERLE.COM
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad