Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: A Mývatn Dream  (Read 1994 times)
Rajan Parrikar

« on: May 15, 2011, 10:47:03 AM »
ReplyReply

For some background and more images, see my photo essay A Mývatn Dream.

louoates

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 11:38:04 AM »
ReplyReply

What wonderful framing on the hills. A road is usually a detriment to landscapes but you've turned it into a great asset in also setting scale. One of my criteria for judging a photograph (at least in my mind) is its uniqueness. Have I seen this photograph before? I haven't. I love the road also for its almost subliminal smiley face.
aduke

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »
ReplyReply

+1
kikashi

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 01:27:04 PM »
ReplyReply

What wonderful framing on the hills. A road is usually a detriment to landscapes but you've turned it into a great asset in also setting scale. One of my criteria for judging a photograph (at least in my mind) is its uniqueness. Have I seen this photograph before? I haven't. I love the road also for its almost subliminal smiley face.
I agree entirely: it's a lovely image. If I have one small criticism, it's that the road is a little too close to the bottom of the frame: maybe there was something unsightly on the other side.

Jeremy
Chairman Bill

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 02:35:29 PM »
ReplyReply

A great photo.

If I might steal some space for this - a BBC programme in which the presenter treks across 36 miles of Iceland to the volcano at Eyjafjallajokull - some truly stunning scenery. If it doesn't cause a certain photographic jealousy for Rajan's location in Iceland, there's something wrong with you!

BBC iplayer-Julia Bradbury's Icelandic Walk
Rajan Parrikar

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 02:51:43 PM »
ReplyReply

I agree entirely: it's a lovely image. If I have one small criticism, it's that the road is a little too close to the bottom of the frame: maybe there was something unsightly on the other side.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

You guessed right.  There is a section of the slope from which I shot just below the horizontal tangent to the road.  It is not unsightly, but I thought it would distract.  One possibility is for me to caf (*) it.

* content-aware-fill (Is 'caf' a verb yet?  It ought to be.)

Rajan Parrikar

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 02:56:27 PM »
ReplyReply

A great photo.

If I might steal some space for this - a BBC programme in which the presenter treks across 36 miles of Iceland to the volcano at Eyjafjallajokull - some truly stunning scenery. If it doesn't cause a certain photographic jealousy for Rajan's location in Iceland, there's something wrong with you!

I knew of this programme, but unfortunately the video is not available in my area (California).

kikashi

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 04:54:15 PM »
ReplyReply

I watched that, live, and recommend it heartily. The presenter is a little irritating but her Icelandic guide more than makes up for it - and the scenery was stunning.

Jeremy
EduPerez

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 03:06:05 AM »
ReplyReply

Very interesting! I keep looking at this photograph, wandering around and focusing on the small details.

Scott W

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 09:26:28 PM »
ReplyReply

Great shot, love the overall composition. 

francois

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 03:06:40 AM »
ReplyReply

Wonderful vista! The road "cradles" the hills perfectly.

Francois
jeremyrh

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 06:58:45 AM »
ReplyReply

I watched that, live, and recommend it heartily. The presenter is a little irritating but her Icelandic guide more than makes up for it - and the scenery was stunning.

Jeremy
Oooh - that's fighting talk !!!    Grin
Chairman Bill

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 02:52:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Oooh - that's fighting talk !!!    Grin

Oh I don't know; Hanna was far more toothsome than Julia Bradbury.
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad