Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Photozoom Pro vs. FM Resize Pro  (Read 4230 times)
sc21

« on: July 16, 2005, 10:46:10 PM »
ReplyReply

I've found Miranda's 10D CS Pro II action to work very well, and was curious about the Resize, but when I asked on another forum, those with experience with it said it didn't live up to its billing.  If you like what you got, I'd stick with it.
elied

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 05:06:55 AM »
ReplyReply

I was lucky enough to dicover Photozoom a couple years ago when they were just starting out and bought it at $40. I regularly use it to resize to 240 ppi at 12x18 inches before printing (Epson 1290).  I find that it's all too easy to oversharpen with it so I usually go with Photo Soft and add a bit more high pass sharpening if it's needed.
Elie

Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams the news
paulbk

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 10:26:49 PM »
ReplyReply

I downloaded Photozoom Pro and played with it. Is this supposed to go both ways, up-res and down-res? Can’t tell by the help file although it’s advertised as an “enlargement” application. From my down-res results I have to believe it is strictly an enlargement application.. Yes?

paul b. kramarchyk
Barkhamsted, Connecticut, USA
RobertJ

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 02:39:59 PM »
ReplyReply

I don't know if many of you guys do lots of interpolation, but I'm a regular user of Photozoom Pro, and it's a very good program.  Probably the best interpolation program I've tried, but I haven't tried them all.  But I'm wondering if anyone's compared it to Fred Miranda's Resize Pro?  I really wish I could download a trial version, which is why I haven't been able to do any comparisons.  Has anyone made any comparisons with these two programs?

If it compares well, it'll be an extremely cheap alternative.  $130 vs. $29.  What do you guys think?
Quentin

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 04:35:29 AM »
ReplyReply

I think you get what you pay for.  Photozoom pro is the best out there.  I have tried quite a few.  Fred Miranda's stuff seems to be largely re-packaged Photoshop actions, not new technology.

Photoshop Bicubic smoother is pretty good for modest upsizing.

Quentin

Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, photographer entrepreneur and senior partner of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2013
Jonathan Wienke

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 04:10:59 PM »
ReplyReply

I'm a fan of PhotoZoom as well.

Jonathan Wienke

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 12:56:04 AM »
ReplyReply

There isn't really any reason not to use Photoshop for downsizing; between Bicubic and a bit of Focus Magic you can bring out as much detail as mathematically possible in the downsized image. PhotoZoom doesn't downsize particularly well; Genuine Fractals is significantly better in that respect.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad