Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Areas around Phoenix, AZ?  (Read 4482 times)
Peter McLennan

« on: January 23, 2004, 07:41:05 PM »
ReplyReply

The Superstition Mountains are darn near downtown.  East of Mesa, as I recall.

If you like old airplanes, the Pima County Air Musem is amazing.  It's just south of Tucson.

Peter
Bill Lawrence

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 07:29:43 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks!  This gives me a couple of places to check out before I head out there.  

Bill

Bill Lawrence
Photography:
www.lawrencesview.com
Fudge Boy
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 08:28:25 PM »
ReplyReply

Hey - I'm jealous that you get to spend some time in Phoenix, I love that town!  Wish I could live there for a while.  I always enjoy the drive around north Scottsdale over the mountains there and back through Fountain Hills.  Off North Pima Road, take East Dynamite Boulevard to McDowell Mountain Park.  A good place close into town.

And don't forget a little architectural photography at Taleisin West.

If you're coming from Phoenix, stop at the Rubio's on Bell Road for some fish tacos.  Mmmmm!  Take me out to the desert!

Have fun, and post a link to your pictures when you get back.
Bill Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 06:26:26 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi All,

I'm going to have about 1-1/2 days around Phoenix, AZ next week :cool:.  Any suggestions for good locations for landscape/nature photography?  I'd like to keep it within about an hour's driving time of Phoenix, if possible.

TIA,
Bill

Bill Lawrence
Photography:
www.lawrencesview.com
Lisa Nikodym

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 10:26:25 AM »
ReplyReply

Saguaro National Park is just outside Tucson (in two pieces, east and west), and has classic "Western movie" desert landscape that's some of the prettiest desert I've seen, especially in spring.  Check the National Park Service web site for more info (and a few photos).

Lisa

Lisa Nikodym

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2004, 10:33:06 PM »
ReplyReply

I forgot to mention that Tuscon is something like two hours from Phoenix, which is outside your one-hour radius, but I'd say it's still worth it...

Lisa

Bill Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 07:45:27 PM »
ReplyReply

Great!  I'll take a look!
Thanks,
Bill

Bill Lawrence
Photography:
www.lawrencesview.com
peter randall
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 01:00:54 PM »
ReplyReply

Phoenix also has a botanical garden and in nearby Scottsdale is Taliesen West, Frank Loyd Wright's place. Not nature exactly, but photographically interesting.
Bill Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 08:17:42 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi All,

Thanks for all the input!  We wound up hitting the Superstition Mountains, and my wife hit the botanical gardens (while I was off doing my day job) though she had a microdrive failure while she was there .  Thank heavens for Fry's electronics in Phoenix.

The Superstition moutain area was beautiful!  We both have a ton of photos to weed through, but here are a couple of mine that I really liked on the first pass through.

P.S.  The Mahi-Mahi burritos at Rubios were great, too.

Cheers!
Bill

Bill Lawrence
Photography:
www.lawrencesview.com
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad