Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: sending images by email  (Read 2613 times)
Jonathan Wienke

« on: August 03, 2005, 07:13:21 PM »
ReplyReply

Best quality would be TIFF or some other uncompressed format, but that will usually result in the mail being bounced by one of the servers due to being too large. So the best practical option is JPEG, with quality setting between 8 and 10 to keep compression artifacts to a minimum.

Gordon Buck

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 09:55:18 AM »
ReplyReply

I'd like to be proven wrong on this but it seems that Hotmail modifies image attachments.  If you *send* an image from Hotmail then be sure to attach it as a "file" and not as a "picture" because Hotmail reduces picture sizes and adds compression.  Also, it seems that a jpg image is *received* in a Hotmail account as a bitmap.  

The above appears to be true for both the free and subscription Hotmail accounts.  If not, someone please tell me how to how to avoid this problem!

jani

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 02:04:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Shuck Hotmail in the garbage bin and get a sensible webmail service, without all those graphical ads and stuff.

So for those registered LL forum members:

I have spare gmail invites enough for the foreseeable future, send me a PM with your current email address, and I'll invite you.

Jan
grosvenor

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 06:04:10 PM »
ReplyReply

What is the best way to send images by email for high quality?
grosvenor

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 08:25:52 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks
Paul Sumi

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 10:58:39 AM »
ReplyReply

The above appears to be true for both the free and subscription Hotmail accounts. If not, someone please tell me how to how to avoid this problem!
Perhaps if you put the JPG(s) in a ZIP file?  Not sure, but the images shouldn't be compressed.

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad