EDIT: The release notes can now be found on the X-Rite website at http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1397&Action=support&SupportID=5503
. I have left the following instructions that I previously posted for anyone who is interested. Nigel.
If you are on a Mac you can look in the installer file and find the release notes, to do this:
- Open up the i1Profiler.mpkg by right clicking (or ctrl clicking) on the file and selecting 'Show Package Contents' in the pull down menu - this will open a new window showing the contents of the .mpkg.
- Open the folder 'Contents' and then the folder 'Packages"
- Open the file called 'ReleaseNotes.pkg' by right clicking (ctrl clicking) and selecting 'Show Package Contents'
- Drag a copy of the file 'Archive.pax.gz' elsewhere on your disk (this will create a copy - you can now close all the windows that have been opened!)
- Finally double click on the 'Archive.pax.gz' file which should decompress it and create a folder called 'Archive'
- Within the 'Archive' folder are all the language versions of the release notes - the english ones have a filename that ends EN.pdf.
(This technique using 'Show Package Contents' works with most Mac installer packages but you need to check various files/folders within the package to find what you need - eg searching elsewhere in the package you can find the tif files for the 'Roman' images used to test monitor profiles.)