Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Reverse image search engines - your new best friend!  (Read 22659 times)
tom b

« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »
ReplyReply

I had a search to see who is making money from istockphoto and Lise Gagné's name came up. With over 1100 000 downloads she must be doing something right.

In another search which I can't find again they did a survey of people doing microstock and the majority were making under $4000 a year.

Cheers,

tom b

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2011, 07:46:07 PM »
ReplyReply

I found the Link about the survey. A quote from it:

"Nearly 60 percent of the 865 microstock photographers participating in the survey reported earning less than $1,000 per year."

I found this quote more disturbing though:

"Second, she is exclusive to iStock; she earns 40 percent of individual image sales, double that of nonexclusive photographers."

I thought galleries were greedy but this takes the cake.

Cheers,

PS The article links to a good blog: here Microstock Diaries
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 07:51:26 PM by tom b » Logged

N Walker

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2011, 06:23:29 AM »
ReplyReply

Nice work, she deserves it and more.
[/color]

She could earn a lot more for her hard work if istock prices were set 'much' higher - commercial clients wouldn't stop buying formulaic istock images as they know that hiring a professional photographer, or purchasing rights managed images would cost them a lot more.

An interesting read - http://www.zarias.com/microstock-sim-cards-in-cameras-big-foam-fingers/

What I mean by that is create a new "exclusive" stock agency, only allow about 5% of what is currently available with a # cap, so as not to  cheapen or over saturate.

I understand that some libraries are separating their creative work into new sections from the mundane.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:27:50 AM by Nick Walker » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad