Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: « 1 [2]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Numerous Photoshop Crashes being reported  (Read 4486 times)
stamper

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 10:44:21 AM »
ReplyReply

Read it again and think about it. If I posted a question about Photoshop, however misguided, then I wouldn't want to read this.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:45:58 AM by stamper » Logged

Mark D Segal
Contributor

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 11:03:13 AM »
ReplyReply

I didn't know there was an argument to lose

Unquote

Going by the numbers of posts made to trying to prove his point it looked argumentative to me? Wink

assuming of course he has a legal copy of Photoshop.

Unquote

Would you like the same accusation thrown at you? Any evidence to back up this up?

I didn't accuse him of anything. The fact is - reflecting on a previous post by another member - that this is a *possible reason* for program crashes. I was simply reflecting on this and hopefully dismissing it as a possible cause of the problem. If you read into this that I was accusing him of anything, that's your problem, but not my intention.

Now, what do you think his purpose in posting was? Was he coming here for help with a problem? Again, you may be misunderstanding me - for clarity, I meant that the PURPOSE of the thread was not to be an argument about anything but a request for help. You are correct that it became argumentative for fairly obvious reasons.

Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....." http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/film/scanning_workflows_with_silverfast_8.shtml
stamper

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 12:34:32 PM »
ReplyReply

I accept what you say but it could be seen as a question about legality? Perhaps wrongly phrased? It did somewhat surprise me that a well respected poster would ask something like this. All's well that ends well. Smiley

stamper

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 12:39:22 PM »
ReplyReply

Now, what do you think his purpose in posting was? Was he coming here for help with a problem? Again, you may be misunderstanding me - for clarity, I meant that the PURPOSE of the thread was not to be an argument about anything but a request for help. You are correct that it became argumentative for fairly obvious reasons.

Unquote

I have noticed in the last week or two a few new posters posting "pointed" questions with looks like a reasonable argument and then when a reply is made then the answer becomes more "pointed" . Perhaps the cynical side of me coming to the fore? Smiley

Mark D Segal
Contributor

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 12:50:33 PM »
ReplyReply

Well, really hard to say - you may well have a point. Discussion can evolve from one mood to the next pretty fast from a keyboard. Personally, I think it would be a good idea to require all participants to use their real names. It could have a calming effect on the tenor of some of the "discussion" that goes on.

Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....." http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/film/scanning_workflows_with_silverfast_8.shtml
kikashi

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 01:23:02 PM »
ReplyReply

Read it again and think about it. If I posted a question about Photoshop, however misguided, then I wouldn't want to read this.
I've re-read it and given it thought. I still don't see it as an accusation.

Jeremy
Mark D Segal
Contributor

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
ReplyReply

I've re-read it and given it thought. I still don't see it as an accusation.

Jeremy

You're right - it wasn't.

stamper

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 05:07:53 PM »
ReplyReply

The O/P should follow it and report back the results, assuming of course he has a legal copy of Photoshop.

Unquote

I will leave it at that. Smiley

kikashi

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 05:54:21 PM »
ReplyReply

The O/P should follow it and report back the results, assuming of course he has a legal copy of Photoshop.

Unquote

I will leave it at that. Smiley
Stamper, we agree on many things so I think we must simply agree to differ on this one. I shall also leave it at that.

Jeremy
Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2011, 12:34:31 PM »
ReplyReply

I am running CS5 and Win 7 64 bit. I have experenced  crashes when I try to open a file, and sometimes when I try to save a file. I always get a message thet the system is not responding, and I can either close or check the web for a solution, then close. I have gotten into the habit of saving my file every several minutes. Usually when I restart Photoshop, it is OK for a while, but then the crashes start again.
No big deal, but certainly inconvenient.
Thanks
Dave
MichaelWorley

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 12:55:38 PM »
ReplyReply

Only read the last complaint in the list. Anyone notice it's a year old, involved PS 3D, but was nonetheless solved by turning off Open GL drawing? Adobe conceded there was probably a bug in the driver which, in the last year, I bet they've addressed.
Pages: « 1 [2]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad