Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Which screen?  (Read 836 times)
Ben Rubinstein

« on: September 14, 2011, 05:43:59 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi,

I need a higher end screen. 22" or bigger, doesn't necessarily need to be wide gamut (printing will never be wider than sRGB), must be designed to work with 60-80cd/m2 brightness natively, accurate colour, price up to around $1500 including calibration solution though I'd prefer nearer the $1000 mark.

Thoughts?

mediumcool

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:00:18 AM »
ReplyReply

Here in Oz, the Eizo Flexscan S2243W is fairly inexpensive at the moment (around $1100AU with hardware calibrator).

Tis a VA panel, so not as angle-viewable-without-changing-colour as IPS models. But cheap for an Eizo.

FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool
kitalight

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 06:56:37 PM »
ReplyReply

I like my Viewsonic VP2365wb....especially for $129 refurb price (2 months ago at MacMall.com)...same e-IPS panel (by LG) used in Dell and NEC 23" models...

Some "features" you need to consider:
...built-in speakers? VP has no speakers, hence no need for HDMI input (has only DVI and VGA)
Non-glare coating? VP yes....my preference over high gloss...coating not overwhelming to me
90 rotation capability? VP yes...

Ease of calibration...the VP is great straight out of the box, with brightness and contrast greatly reduced...I used the settings recommended by TFT central
Personal judgement/preference for the color of the particular model...my VP VERY closely matches the 22" CRT (Compaq) I'd used for 3 years...with the VP extending clarity of details in highlights being the most apparent improvement.

Try to see a few models to see before you buy...
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad