Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Bill Gates V Photojournalists  (Read 2966 times)
N Walker

« on: September 26, 2011, 01:09:30 PM »
ReplyReply

http://consortiumnews.com/2011/09/22/bill-gates-v-photojournalists/

An interesting read and additional information on Corbis/Sygma

EduPerez

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:08:14 AM »
ReplyReply

I read the first paragraph, and then decided to skip the rest of the article... only a fool would think that MS's founder could rescue a company he buys.

EduPerez

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 05:19:25 AM »
ReplyReply

So you judge an article by the first paragraph only? Further down there are interesting snippets about the war photographers who worked for Sygma.

'One day, I watched him get close enough to photograph Russian tanks and crews with a 300-millimeter lens, when one shell from the tank could have vaporized him. Risking his life for a photo went with the job'.

Also information about several successful lawsuits brought by former Sygma photographers, in one case 1.5 million awarded.

I confess I skimmed the article, I could not avoid it... I am not arguing about the hard life of war photographers; but frankly Bill Gates does not buy photo agencies to "rescue the profession of photojournalism", one must be very naive to believe that.

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 09:49:09 AM »
ReplyReply

I couldn't agree more. I was more interested in reading about the former Sygma photographers.
Me too. It's a fascinating but very depressing article.

Eric

-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my website. New images each season.
feppe

Oh this shows up in here!

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 11:46:52 AM »
ReplyReply

I confess I skimmed the article, I could not avoid it... I am not arguing about the hard life of war photographers; but frankly Bill Gates does not buy photo agencies to "rescue the profession of photojournalism", one must be very naive to believe that.

Minor correction to the above: nobody buys photo agencies to "rescue the profession of photojournalism."

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad