Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Wast Water, English Lake District  (Read 2314 times)
shaunw

« on: October 09, 2011, 07:36:13 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi All     First post new to forum so as a way of saying hello and hopefully gaining some critique, id be grateful if you'd have a look at ''Wast Water'' which was taken last week at sunset...thanks Shaun

Wasdale Head Sunset by Shaunwalby Photography, on Flickr

Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. Ansel Adams
http://www.shaunwalbyphotography.com
Chairman Bill

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 08:21:43 AM »
ReplyReply

Pretty much the classic Wastwater viewpoint, and done to death. But then there's the light, which is magical. Very nice. BTW, there's a reason that viewpoint is done to death - it's just so bloody good!
Slobodan Blagojevic

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 11:53:59 AM »
ReplyReply

For us, across the ocean, the location is closer to terra incognita Smiley It could as well be a classical British landscape, but masterly executed.

Shaun, welcome to the forum!

Based on your first post, you have a lot to contribute and I am looking forward to more. Your image indicates a professional, skilled technical level, and a very good eye for color and composition.

If you insist on a critique, then my nitpick would be to tone down that yellowish patch in the foreground (desaturate it a tiny bit?). It is kind of distracting among the prevailing dusk tones.

Slobodan

Flickr
500px
shaunw

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks Bill And Slobodan

Bill...Granted this is a very popular spot for photography in the UK but iam still happy enough with this shot as its the first time ive taken any photos there, the light was superb that evening just hope i did it justice.

Slobodan... I messed about with compacts for about 10 yrs before my First DLSR about 18 months ago, iam certainly keen and try make the best possible images i can from what i capture...i will certainly have a look at that yellow...thanks.

cheers fellas

Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

wolfnowl

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 02:24:48 PM »
ReplyReply

Hi Shaun, and welcome to the list!  Thanks for sharing your work!!

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
shaunw

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
ReplyReply

Thanks for looking in Mike...cheers

MBMPhotography

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 01:08:55 PM »
ReplyReply

The light was really good indeed. I have to visit that region one day...

Sony ILCE A7r, A900, etc, Minolta and Sony Zeiss lenses
Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 02:52:14 AM »
ReplyReply

..But then there's the light, which is magical..

Indeed.
fotometria gr

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 01:33:53 PM »
ReplyReply

For us, across the ocean, the location is closer to terra incognita Smiley It could as well be a classical British landscape, but masterly executed.

Shaun, welcome to the forum!

Based on your first post, you have a lot to contribute and I am looking forward to more. Your image indicates a professional, skilled technical level, and a very good eye for color and composition.

If you insist on a critique, then my nitpick would be to tone down that yellowish patch in the foreground (desaturate it a tiny bit?). It is kind of distracting among the prevailing dusk tones.
I thought the oposit than Slobodan about that greenish yellow in the front..., what I like most though is that you left and took advantage on the distortion of your lens, thus promoting the roundness of the earth! I feel that it makes the scene more communicative than similar landscapes that present the scene in a flat manner trying to only promote lighting. Regards, Theodoros. www.fotometria.gr
popnfresh
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 12:18:39 PM »
ReplyReply

I'm not sure I see the point of having color in this photograph. It's essentially monochrome as it is. I almost feel it would be more effective in B&W rather than shades of purple.
Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 01:24:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Nicely done shaun and welcome!! For me, the mossy patch works, I'd have liked to have seen a bit more of the sky above but again that's just my .02  Smiley Looking forward to seeing some more of your work!

Kevin
shaunw

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 11:17:24 AM »
ReplyReply

MBMphotography,riaan Van Wyk, fotometeria gr,popnfresh and Kevin....thank you all for taking the time to have a look/thoughts i will consider all the points made

Thanks very much

Shaun

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad