Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Aperture 3.2 fail.. Do not update!  (Read 6074 times)
LenR

« on: October 15, 2011, 09:27:55 PM »
ReplyReply

There are widespread reports of Ap 3.2 crashing after start-up.  Can't go back a version because the update changes the library making it unreadable by the previous version.
JohnNewman

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:23:20 AM »
ReplyReply

I did update yesterday and was on Aperture for about 90 minutes, during which time it crashed once, but remained stable after the crash.  As you  say, nothing to be done unless you want to restore via a backup (but I'd done too many changes since my previous backup a week ago.)

Doubtless there'll be a fix if it causes too many problems.  BTW, I'm still on Snow Leopard so it would be interesting to know if the same has happened to Lion users.

John
Clearair

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 04:36:11 PM »
ReplyReply

No problems here.
Been banging away merrily and today, buggered about moving all sorts of file formats and water marks in and out of two libraries before using iWeb (please Apple time to update) to access images from Aperture and upload to my website (mobile me for now).

RobSaecker

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 05:31:14 PM »
ReplyReply

FWIW, no problems to report here either; no crashes since the update, everything seems to be fine.

Rob
photo blog - http://robsaecker.com
KirbyKrieger

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 07:43:46 AM »
ReplyReply

My transition was without a hitch.  There is a cropping issue in 3.2 which needs an immediate fix.

I have stuck with Snow Leopard while waiting for the tick-birds to debug the first release of Lion.

Someone has posted on Apple's Aperture Discussion Forum that Libraries can be "demoted" from 3.2 to 3.1 simply by using the "Repair Library" option on launch of 3.1x.  This makes sense -- but I haven't had the need to try it  Wink .

JohnNewman

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:29:07 AM »
ReplyReply

My transition was without a hitch.  There is a cropping issue in 3.2 which needs an immediate fix

This might help  regarding the cropping issue.  I've tried it and it seems to fix the problem http://www.apertureexpert.com/tips/2011/10/18/workaround-for-the-cropping-bugs-in-aperture-32-part-2.html

John
Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad