Ad
Ad
Ad
Pages: [1]   Bottom of Page
Print
Author Topic: Big Blue  (Read 2589 times)
shaunw

« on: October 21, 2011, 02:21:07 PM »
ReplyReply

English Lake District...Spent a week end camping up there week just gone, this was my first play with the Lee big stopper (10 stops) filter.....thanks for looking in, Shaun

Big Blue by Shaunwalby Photography, on Flickr

Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams
http://www.shaunwalbyphotography.com
sailronin

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 02:45:10 PM »
ReplyReply

Lovely shot, love the blue!

Thank you for looking, comments and critiques are always welcome.
Dave

http://sailronin.smugmug.com
degrub
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 05:49:50 PM »
ReplyReply

sweet ! Which lens ?
wolfnowl

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 12:52:15 AM »
ReplyReply

Nicely done.  Thanks for sharing it!

Mike.

If your mind is attuned to beauty, you find beauty in everything.
~ Jean Cooke ~

My Flickr site / Random Thoughts and Other Meanderings at M&M's Musings
stamper

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 02:46:05 AM »
ReplyReply

sweet ! Which lens ?

After sticking a 10 stop on I don't think it matters which lens? Smiley

kikashi

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 03:26:24 AM »
ReplyReply

English Lake District...Spent a week end camping up there week just gone, this was my first play with the Lee big stopper (10 stops) filter.....thanks for looking in, Shaun
Clichéd as hell but beautiful nonetheless. Where, exactly?

Jeremy
shaunw

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 11:54:19 AM »
ReplyReply

Sailronin, degrub wolfnowl and stamper.....thanks for comments...i shot this with Sigma 10-20. I agree a highly cliche comp the intention wasnt to make a ground breaking image of course, lets not forget why cliche become so...they represent very effect  comp/images unfortunately they have been done many many times..........................this was my first attempt, iam glad i made a fair job of it... now i dont need to do it again...lol,

Thanks for comments appreciated

Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams
kikashi

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 01:46:35 PM »
ReplyReply

Sailronin, degrub wolfnowl and stamper.....thanks for comments...i shot this with Sigma 10-20. I agree a highly cliche comp the intention wasnt to make a ground breaking image of course, lets not forget why cliche become so...they represent very effect  comp/images unfortunately they have been done many many times..........................this was my first attempt, iam glad i made a fair job of it... now i dont need to do it again...lol,

Thanks for comments appreciated
My comment that it was a cliché wasn't intended as a criticism: most of my own shots are clichés as well and as you observe, clichés become clichés because they look good.

As Sam Goldwyn said, "What we need are some new clichés".

You haven't disclosed where it was taken! With the Lakes on my doorstep, practically, I might want to have my own bash at it.

Jeremy
stamper

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 04:19:17 AM »
ReplyReply

Imo there isn't anything wrong with chicle's, they are hard to avoid. It is how good you do them that counts. I forgot to post that I liked the image. It is one of the best of it's kind. I too have the sigma 10-22 and the 10 stop. The problem is getting suitable subjects.  Smiley

Jose L

"He detenido la luz, he capturado su vuelo" Louis

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 05:30:47 AM »
ReplyReply

Bella imagen y ambiente mágico que has sabido capturar y transmitir con tu cámara. Enhorabuena.
John R

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:56:45 AM »
ReplyReply

I am not sure what is meant by cliche either. A wonderful image, starkly still and surreal!

JMR
churly

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 11:32:35 AM »
ReplyReply

If it is a cliche - it is an outstanding cliche.  I am not very fond of the classic pier shot but the combination of the light, perspective and color really work on this one.

Chuck Hurich
rcarpenter3d

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 03:54:09 PM »
ReplyReply

Looks really good. Nice work!!

shaunw

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 04:50:51 AM »
ReplyReply

Jeremy Stamper, Jose L, John R. Churly and rcarpenter 3d...thanks all for input its appreciated.

Jeremy  no crit was taken from your comments as i didnt think any was been inferred you were merely restated what id already said it is indeed a cliche shot (70% communication non verbal and all that, it is sooooo easy to be misinterpreted in the written word). My thoughts on cliches were just that..... my thoughts nothing more/less.

We need new cliches ....absolutely, as the history of photography on this planet lengthens......this will become very much harder

cheers shaun

fineartphotos

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 11:16:33 PM »
ReplyReply

Great beautiful.

shaunw

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 03:05:12 AM »
ReplyReply

Great beautiful.

Thanks you very much

Shaun

Pages: [1]   Top of Page
Print
Jump to:  

Ad
Ad
Ad