It doesn't appear that SSDs are going to replace mechanical hard drives for bulk storage any time soon.
Depends on what you mean by "anytime soon", but I think that spinning disks are a dying breed. People want their macbook airs and iPads and whatnot to be slim and light, and fewer and fewer users really need the power and flexibility of a regular desktop. Further, as more data seems to be moved into the "cloud" (or was it mainframe?), the need for massive local storage may decrease.
Of course, thats for the 95% of us. The remaining 5% are going to have stuff like a gazillion raw files from their digital MF that needs to be fast and reliably be served to their raw developer...